I am having so much troubles trying to connect my ps3 controller to my windows 8.1 cpu/emulators

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp,

I didn't want to open a new thread for this, but I honestly lost hope. I have been trying to connect my new ps3 controller to my windows 8.1 pc but things are getting so stinking complicated. Here is where I am:

Finally, after so much installing/uninstalling/rebooting I was able to get my ps3 controller to connect to my computer (I think). I installed the scp driver and I am currently in a state where my bluetooth dongle lights up, and the "1" red light on my ps3 controller lights up as well. Oh, and when I run the scpdriver monitor, it seems that my controller is wirelessly connected.

Now I am have issues connecting to emulators. I have no idea how to do so. I downloaded ppsspp and ran it on my computer, but it isn't picking up my ps3 controller at all. I googled here and there and I was pushed toward trying something called "xpadder" even though I have no idea what it does exactly. Xpadder was not running properly on my cpu. I figured out that it needs compatibility mode to run.

Xpadder is now not detecting my ps3 controller at all. I really don't know what to do.

This is what I am trying to achieve:

1. I want to use my ps3 controller as a mouse.
2. I want to use my ps3 controller on my emulators (ps2, psp, n64, snes....)
3. I want to connect my ps3 controller wirelessly WITHOUT a bluetooth dongle, rather, using my built in bluetooth instead.

I was not able to achieve any of these and was hoping someone could chime in and help a noob who has never emulated anything on their computer before.
I greatly appreciate it.

Aionmagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
have you try'd using 'MOTIONJOY' to actually make your controller ack as a gamepad and then use xpadder to map your keyboard , also i think motionjoy gives you the ability to connect trough build in blutooth

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you try'd using 'MOTIONJOY' to actually make your controller ack as a gamepad and then use xpadder to map your keyboard , also i think motionjoy gives you the ability to connect trough build in blutooth
Can you walk me through step by step on how to use motion joy? in a total noon and have no idea what I am doing.
Ps. This post has been made so long ago, and I still haven't gotten the controller to connect properly. Thanks for replying

Aionmagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
sure , well first you should download motioninjoy and install it , then after that you should get something like this

connect your controller by usb cable and go to the driver manager , it would look something like this but with out all the line on the lower side ,
http://i52.tinypic.com/15z01ut.png

then just hit the "INSTALL ALL" button and then the "LOAD DRIVER" button

and the controller should be working by now then just open XPADDER and map your keyboard and mouse

then go to blutooth pair

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/14/145457/2375281-2375280-mj.png

put your PC/LAPTOP build in blutooth adapter name in the top and where it says "DUAL SHOCK 3" put the name of the ps3 controller

annnnnnnnnddddddd enjoy !

p.s. sixais controllers will not work , only the dual shock 3 or xbox controller (IR dongle requiere for wireless controllers)

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure , well first you should download motioninjoy and install it , then after that you should get something like this

connect your controller by usb cable and go to the driver manager , it would look something like this but with out all the line on the lower side ,
http://i52.tinypic.com/15z01ut.png

then just hit the "INSTALL ALL" button and then the "LOAD DRIVER" button

and the controller should be working by now then just open XPADDER and map your keyboard and mouse

then go to blutooth pair

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/14/145457/2375281-2375280-mj.png

put your PC/LAPTOP build in blutooth adapter name in the top and where it says "DUAL SHOCK 3" put the name of the ps3 controller

annnnnnnnnddddddd enjoy !

p.s. sixais controllers will not work , only the dual shock 3 or xbox controller (IR dongle requiere for wireless controllers)

I can definitely follow this!

My knly problem is the PS3 controller; you said it doesn't work with six axis. Could that have been my problem all this time? I believe the controller is real; it's six axis and dual shock 3. Is this still gonna work or should I just not even try? ( my controller says six axis ok the very top in blue by the red blinkers).

Thanks so much!

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally prefer Better DS3 as it does not require you to always be connected to the internet to use. It is also very easy from my experience (A more friendlier and clean looking UI) but its up to what ever you prefer.
featured-image.png

Reactions: placebooooo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something that isn't straight up garbage, go for the DS3 to XInput Wrapper instead. Motioninjoy is glitchy, uses poor drivers that will cause BSODs, and is filled with ads.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

This is extremely lightweight, uses proper drivers, and is just plain better to use.

This is what I have been trying lately and no luck. I have only been able to use my -3s controller while connected with a usb wire. I really want to use built in bluetooth. I even tried to use a dongle and it didn't work either. Followed all steps and everything.

edit:
sorry for the double post.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. I'll try this then, but how do i use my built in bluetooth ? that is what I am trying to achieve.

Do you have bluetooth ? My computer desktop doesnt have blutooth so I purchased one at Amazon and it works great. I have my laptop that came with bluetooth built in and didn't tested it yet.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
In order to connect to a PS3 controller via Bluetooth, you need a certain requirement with your Bluetooth device. it needs to be capable of using EDR2.0+. Some laptop BT devices are very limited, so it's possible yours doesn't support connecting via bluetooth. Most cheapish adapters will (around $3-5 will get you a nice one) support it, so if needbe you can purchase some cheapo one online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw