Hyping Up Mushroom Men

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Hyping Up Mushroom Men by Hadrian at 2:13 PM (2,445 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Seems like despite some really positive reviews, that Mushroom Men on the Wii is gonna pass people by. So here is my attempt to get more people anticipating it more. Ok I don't think it'll change the face of gaming but I am expecting this to be an enjoyable game.

Story
    After a comet had passed the earth, all the planet's researchers concluded its strange green dust had no effect on the world. None noticed that tiny plants and fungi were acting strangely. Mushrooms, cacti, kudzu and other formerly-normal plants had awoken to full consciousness. Tribes quickly formed among the various mushroom species: the primitive Boletes, the aggressive Amanitas, and the inventive Morels. With nations formed, war inevitably followed.

Mushroom Men shows gamers the mundane world from the surreal perspective of a three-inch-high Mushroom Man. Unnoticed by humans, a war rages between the spore factions. As a brave Bolete Mushroom Man, players are given the opportunity to wreak havoc by transforming common household trinkets and trash into weapons and tools.

Features
    * As a character the size of a mushroom, players explore and battle their way through more than 10 lush and spooky levels in an oversized and hostile world.
    * Choose from three customizable player characters on DS or play the heroic misfit on the Wii
    * Experience two different game styles – a fast paced single-player adventure, or team up with friends in Cooperative mode
    * Fight hideous spiders, deadly praying mantises, lightning fast scorpions, enemy Mushroom Men, and much more
    * Wipe out your enemies with unique, spore-based powers
    * Construct clever new weapons and tools out of everyday materials

videos

Reviews
    Nintendo Power 8/10
    Official Nintendo Magazine UK 86%

Of course reviewers do tend to be wrong but the above two only seem to rate Nintendo or big named games well.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    this reminds me of gex for some reasons and that was a great game

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i may get this...

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I will try the DS one nut am not really sure about the wii version.

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

Well, I'm curious about it, but I don't think I could get hyped for another Gamecock game. I really dig where those dudes are comin' from, in that they seem to really be eager to get behind indy developers, but I'm not confident of their ability to play a strong publisher role. They need to do more than offer a budget and a pat on the back. Most of these developers they're working with are probably pretty green, and though they may have some serious talent, that shit needs to be directed. Nintendo is probably the paragon for leading its talent with consistent success, and Gamecock would likely do well to try to emulate some of that.

I hope this game is good, though, and maybe -- just maybe -- I'll rent it. However, the DS version ain't lookin' too good.

6. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Gamecock did amazing job at promoting Dementium and did well getting Insecticide better known (even though that was a half good game). Gamecock are a very rare publisher in that they are very "hands off", they don't seem to want to rush developers or try to change their games.

I do agree with them not being able to direct devs well, every game I've seen them published, had had something stopping the game from being all that it can be.

7. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Seems like it'll be a cool game, definitely worth renting when it comes out.

8. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention Heroic Adrian, i'll definatly check it out!

9. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Guess what it got released for US.

10. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright, that looks pretty cash. I'm really digging the music. I'll have to look into this...

11. Bladexdsl

Australia
    waiting for this to come on usenet now

12. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
  13. Bladexdsl

Australia
    this has been out for a week now and still not on usenet wtf are they doing!!

14. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    And that is why I don't use usenet, I've had this since day one from torrent and it only takes 80 odd minutes to download.

Will be getting my replacement TV remote today so I should be able to play it, if it works on a BL that is.

15. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Might try this, I'm kinda in the mood for games like this.

16. WilliamAlanBaile

Newcomer WilliamAlanBaile Member

United States
    I have to say after playing this game, it is AWFUL. Please don't even download this game. It is a waste of DVD

17. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    lol seems that people either think its great or terrible. Already burned it anyway.

18. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    well torrents are nice too and you can get nice speeds on them, but usenet is still faster most of the times.
    But to get a decent torrent speed, you'll need a private tracker. And they have a strict share ratio policy. And that uploading is what botters me. It's a lot slower than downloading and it's illegal.

19. Bladexdsl

Australia
    80 mins my ass! i dont know what speeds you get but it never goers above 25k for me that's not even 1 mb meaning it would take 2 days to download 4.7gb. i hate BT.

20. Cynder-Waluigi_K

Newcomer Cynder-Waluigi_K Member

United States
    I really enjoy the different mushroom types... Magic, Strength, and Weapon one....

Not on the top of my list of games, but it's up there