Hyper R4i blank screen

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by simpat1zq, Feb 26, 2010.

Feb 26, 2010

Hyper R4i blank screen by simpat1zq at 12:24 AM (2,943 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. simpat1zq
    OP

Newcomer simpat1zq Newbie

United States
    Hi, I've got an R4i that I'm trying to get working for the first time. I had ordered it from DealExtreme, and they took forever to ship it, so I canceled the order, got my money back, and they sent it to me anyways.

So I decided to load it up on my nephew's DS lite.

I loaded the software, and the first time, it ran fine. And I think the mistake I made was running the Hyper-R4i_flashupgrader V1.10.nds that was included with the kernel.

After I did that, I rebooted the DS, and went into the HyperR4, and after I click on it, I get a white screen for a few seconds, and then a black screen, and it just sits there.

I've formatted the SD card, and copied the R4i files back to it, and it still does the same thing. I've searched the forum and I couldn't find anyone else with this same issue. Is there anything else I should try?

Also, could someone tell me what card they used, that works well, and a reputable place to order it from that ships from somewhere in the US.

Thanks.

2. rogras

Newcomer rogras Member

Turkey
    I have also the same problem after the Upgrade !!!
    My Hyper R4i module is also from dealextreme.

It seems to be that DX has sold the clone of the clone and we are caught by a Fake-Fake-Killer [​IMG]

If your Hyper R4i from DX is fine running
    DON'T UPGRADE TO FIRMWARE 1.10

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I don't know anything about fake R4s, or the Hyper R4i specifically, but it does sound like you managed to brick it.

Buying anything with the R4 brand is a very bad idea, the only exception being the "Original R4".
    If you want a good flashcart to buy as a replacement, I suggest an Acekard 2i, $15 so it's cheap, and will support SDHC, and works on the DSi.
    A good place to buy it is Shoptemp, we're affiliated with them and we can vouch that it's completely safe to buy from, although they're not US based.

Believe me, they will ship it a lot faster than Dealextreme will, Dealextreme have incredibly slow shipping, Shoptemp's is relatively good considering it's free.