HWFLY reliability

dehydrated_lemur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a lot of stories online about how these chips are not reliable. I'm curious as to how many have been using a chip without issues and for how long.

I like to think I made the right choice of choosing a V2 over a V1 unpatched.

I chose V2 because they're newer, better battery and usually in better condition. Also I love installing chips in things.

A V1 can always boot into cfw but if hwfly fails V2 can't do anything.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a lot of stories online about how these chips are not reliable. I'm curious as to how many have been using a chip without issues and for how long.

I like to think I made the right choice of choosing a V2 over a V1 unpatched.

I chose V2 because they're newer, better battery and usually in better condition. Also I love installing chips in things.

A V1 can always boot into cfw but if hwfly fails V2 can't do anything.

Rock solid HWFLY over here. Haven’t read much about them being unreliable. I would assume it’s just people who have bad installs since HWFLY is solid state and dead simple in what it does.

dehydrated_lemur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock solid HWFLY over here. Haven’t read much about them being unreliable. I would assume it’s just people who have bad installs since HWFLY is solid state and dead simple in what it does.
Awesome dude! Love my install! Thanks.

Just stories on Reddit but yeah you're probably right. Most likely bad installs.

I read like 50% have issues according to some people. Some chips come in not working. I don't know.

Do you sleep your switch or shut it off?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome dude! Love my install! Thanks.

Just stories on Reddit but yeah you're probably right. Probably bad installs.

I read like 50% have issues according to some people.
No way in hell that’s even close to accurate. Somebody is pulling numbers out of their pink nether regions. GBATemp would be full of horror stories if chips were 50% bad. Not saying some don’t end up with a bad chip. Just saying that a very high percentage of all “issues” here surrounding HWFLY are install related.

E: On my chipped switches I don’t have a “regular” state of power. Always doing something FUNky so sometimes I fall asleep and they fully discharge and shut off. Sometimes I leave them asleep on charger. Once you’re chipped…it’s not that big a deal anymore.

Last edited by binkinator,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask this. I'm new to this but why would someone need to update the chip? Does something prevent it from injecting a payload?

The chip has it own firmware, newer version of the firmware has new feature so sometime people update, but there has been case of people messing up the update, I have never updated mine, I only update the system firmware. I am on an OLED.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.