hwfly-nx firmware

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my Hwfly Oled 4th Generation V4 Chip from what I assume is the official shop on Aliexpress. I asked the seller through the Aliexpress chat option if I should upgrade the chip before I install it with firmware from THIS link. Their reply is that the chip ships with version 0.3.1, which is the best version. But 0.3.1 seems like a considerably older version than the current 0.7.1 on the github page for the firmware.

Is there a reason I should not update to 0.7.1 and stay on the 0.3.1 the seller suggested?

I have not installed the chip yet, but plan to do it this weekend. But I figured if I was going to update it, I should do it before I install it if needed.

genji79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up flashing it to 0.7.1 with no issues. Now I get to have fun installing it.
I was on the same boat (same 4th gen, v4 chip), and attempted to flash 0.7.1 but I keep getting "No device detected" and then "Spacecraft-NX DFU not found". Tried lower firmware versions as well, but nothing worked.

Did you run across similar issues as well?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using windows 10 you don't need to install any driver, plug it in and it should work. Go to device manager and check if you can see a new COM port. On earlier windows version driver is required, I think I saw someone installed android CDC driver and it works

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, just ran the update command and worked on the first try using Windows 11.

Installing the chip, however...well that's another matter entirely lol

Tiemyshoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me please I solder the chip 4th gen v2. Is it supposed to start up normally? What screen should it go to so I know I properly did it?

loc125

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 7.1, then my oled wouldn’t complete training, tried everything, reverted back to 6.2 which was solid.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I updated to 7.1, then my oled wouldn’t complete training, tried everything, reverted back to 6.2 which was solid.
What vendor does Hekate show in eMMC info? Is it Hynix? People (including myself) seem to have issues where Hynix NANDs cause the chip to attempt (and fail) to rewrite the bootloader resulting in failed boots seemingly at random. If it happens again check if your Switch shows up in RCM mode on your PC.

Reactions: binkinator

loc125

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything works on 6.2? How long did you wait for 7.1 to finish training?
20 minutes, the hwfly-nx instructions stay it usually takes 5 minutes.
Post automatically merged:

What vendor does Hekate show in eMMC info? Is it Hynix? People (including myself) seem to have issues where Hynix NANDs cause the chip to attempt (and fail) to rewrite the bootloader resulting in failed boots seemingly at random. If it happens again check if your Switch shows up in RCM mode on your PC.
my emmc is samsung
Post automatically merged:

everything works on 6.2? How long did you wait for 7.1 to finish training?
honestly updating was not worth it, 6.2 is solid. the extra chips i have lying around i just reverted back to 6.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended