datBoiWes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have an hwfly core in my mariko switch. Until now it has been working great and glitched quickly. Today when i rebooted it the switch just booted to OFW immediately. I opened it up and everything seems fine but when I try to power it on the HWfly blinks purple once before the switch boots into stock. Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

Thank you

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had something similar and the problem was that I didn't isolate well the modchip when I soldered it. It worked well then out of the sudden it stopped working like you. I found out that the modchip was touching the 0V. Use tape to make sure everything is isolated

datBoiWes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had something similar and the problem was that I didn't isolate well the modchip when I soldered it. It worked well then out of the sudden it stopped working like you. I found out that the modchip was touching the 0V. Use tape to make sure everything is isolated
Where was it touching? I'm pretty sure this isn't the issue for me

datBoiWes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried booting it with the chip very isolated from anywhere it could short on and it still doesn't work. I am very confused

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the same problem. How did you update? I will first try to isolate the chip, but if it doesn't work, I will try to update it. I got a clone hwfly. Everything was working fine until now.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I got the same problem. How did you update? I will first try to isolate the chip, but if it doesn't work, I will try to update it. I got a clone hwfly. Everything was working fine until now.
I have a hwfly that would purple blink for a long time and sometimes boot ofw. Ended up being the cores main ribbon was getting slightly pinched by alumi heat sheild. After cutting shield and putting some kapton tape down it boots 1-3 cycles.

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a hwfly that would purple blink for a long time and sometimes boot ofw. Ended up being the cores main ribbon was getting slightly pinched by alumi heat sheild. After cutting shield and putting some kapton tape down it boots 1-3 cycles.
Mine just do a tiny purple blink then boot ofw. I will try to isolate the chip and ribbon. I already cut the shield to make space.

Edit: Tried to isolate the chip and booting without putting the shield or closing the case. It's still booting in ofw. I think I will need to update the chip like @datBoiWes said. If anyone can point me to the right info. I already have à usb port on the hwfly ribbon.

Last edited by jazzeux,

datBoiWes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine just do a tiny purple blink then boot ofw. I will try to isolate the chip and ribbon. I already cut the shield to make space.

Edit: Tried to isolate the chip and booting without putting the shield or closing the case. It's still booting in ofw. I think I will need to update the chip like @datBoiWes said. If anyone can point me to the right info. I already have à usb port on the hwfly ribbon.
Do you have the HWfly with the QFN FPGA? If so it's very simple just download the latest software from https://www.chipnx.com/, power off the switch, plug in the modchip over use, run "flash.bat"

How are you isolating it? When I tested mine I put a thick piece of plastic underneath it just to make sure there was no way that it could be shorting on anything.

I also have heard that you may be able to use an RCM jig to reset the chip? I saw it mentioned on these forums but never found an official source. I was going to try this but I gave my jig to a friend when my V1 switch died.

Last edited by datBoiWes,

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the HWfly with the QFN FPGA? If so it's very simple just download the latest software from https://www.chipnx.com/, power off the switch, plug in the modchip over use, run "flash.bat"

How are you isolating it? When I tested mine I put a thick piece of plastic underneath it just to make sure there was no way that it could be shorting on anything.

I also have heard that you may be able to use an RCM jig to reset the chip? I saw it mentioned on these forums but never found an official source. I was going to try this but I gave my jig to a friend when my V1 switch died.
I also tried with plastic and electrical tape. I updated the chip but got stuck to flashing yellow light then flashing orange. So I guessed that the problem was the solders. I now got à bigger problem... I desoldered 2 capacitors while desoldering the hwfly ribbon (and lose them 😢). I will try to find someone with skills to repair it.

datBoiWes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also tried with plastic and electrical tape. I updated the chip but got stuck to flashing yellow light then flashing orange. So I guessed that the problem was the solders. I now got à bigger problem... I desoldered 2 capacitors while desoldering the hwfly ribbon (and lose them 😢). I will try to find someone with skills to repair it.
Oh thats brutal...

I think it would still actually still work without the capacitors, but yeah it's definitely a job for someone comfortable with micro soldering.

PoliticallyInept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried with plastic and electrical tape. I updated the chip but got stuck to flashing yellow light then flashing orange. So I guessed that the problem was the solders. I now got à bigger problem... I desoldered 2 capacitors while desoldering the hwfly ribbon (and lose them 😢). I will try to find someone with skills to repair
Twobit-technician. Find them on fb

estm13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
probably the sp1 sp2 didnt solder perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn