HP laptop firewire disable OSX

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by leetcakes, May 16, 2009.

1. leetcakes
    OP

leetcakes GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Bahrain
    I have a hp DV5 laptop,
    i have been trying to install OSX on it with ideneb, but it freezes at grey apple screen.
    In verbose mode it says firewire
    "FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to to full-secure"
    searching online people said disabling firewire in BIOS will help, but the BIOS does not have options to disable it
    what can i do

2. leetcakes
    OP

leetcakes GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Bahrain
    anyone?~

3. Governa

Governa Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2009
    Sorry but if there is a conflict caused by your HP's Firewire and you don't have an option to disable it in the BIOS, you're rather stuck. There are a couple of different hackintosh 'builds', maybe you just need the right one?

Anyway it's always a tricky business, its hard to find a portable able to run a hacked build of OSX flawlessly, there is always a component that causes trouble. For example my Asus Eee PC 901 lacks audio, ethernet and wifi in most 'builds' so it's now just running a heavily n-lited Windows XP installation. No big deal for me as I already own a couple of Macs anyway.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice