How'd You Hear About GBATemp?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a n00b trying to hack my 3DS. All the guides were here but I had a lot of questions, so I made an account. Got grounded from video games for about a year, but I came back when I got them back.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was one of the sites I found for GBA roms back in the early 2000's. I was using GBAtemp for that only for a least a couple years before I even registered an account.

Reactions: NoNAND

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a n00b trying to hack my 3DS. All the guides were here but I had a lot of questions, so I made an account. Got grounded from video games for about a year, but I came back when I got them back.
How’d you get grounded? O.o that’s a long time I would be so angry

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I needed a Flash cart, and firmware for it. Came here for help. Loved the helpful community. Decided to host my boot disk here. Now it's a second home to me. <3

D

Deleted User

Back in 2013/14, I used to visit the site often for Wii hacking stuff, but never really had anything to contribute to discussions, so I just thought it'd be pointless to make an account at the time.

Then I got a New3DS in Feb 2015 and heard about the recent Ninjhax 2.0 and RxTools. That's when I started to lurk here even more and eventually make an account to join in with the evolving 3DS scene.
Now, I stick around for even more console hacking scenes today.

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I looked up "free ds games" on Google I think in 2010 and it led me here. I just stuck to tutorials for a loooooong time before noticing that the community was pretty dope.

GBCTEMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to read the forum back in the height of the NDS hacking scene, like a decade or so ago, but never registered. This time for the Switch I decided to sign myself up.

Reactions: grey72
D

Deleted User

Found gbatemp while looking for updates for Wii homebrew back in 2007/2008. Stayed as a lurker. In 2017 I decided to become a member.

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
Since 2014 I've been modding my GBAsp, and every once in a while, GBAtemp came up in Google searches and I used it for guides and whatnot. The more I saw it, the more I became interested in the forum itself, and then I started lurking in 2015, and continued until I registered an account in 2017.

Reactions: GensokyoIceFairy
D

Deleted User

Don't remember now. I first found this site back when the Twilight hack was still a thing. I was probably searching how to do something on Google which lead me here.

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I browsed GBAtemp for many years, during the PSP and Wii's prominent homebrew scene days via links on another forum that is now all but dead. It just took me 12 years (from when I got my first PSP) to make an account here, which it's still entirely possible to use GBAtemp without signing up so there are literally hundreds of people who aren't signed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1