Hacking How to use Cheats with Configurable USB Loader?

masternap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just wanted to activate some cheats with the cfg-loader but can't get it to work.
What I did is this:

1.) In the options of the game I choose to activate Ocarina cheats
2.) I saved the options
3.) I chose to manage cheats
4.) I downloaded the .txt and got a list of all available cheats
5.) I checked the cheats i wanted (and saved the .gct)
6.) I exited the menu and started the game (hook type doesn't change anything)

No if I exit the cheat menu with B or Z or whatever and re-enter it the cheats are not checked anymore. Also they don't work when I play the game.
How the heck do I activate them? Why doesn't it save which cheats I use?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I havent tried cheats via CFG so cant offer help there, however I do know that hook type is important, it basically tells the game/Wii when to access your cheats. For the best effect you want to set that to OsSleepThread.

Hopefully somebody can help you more directly on this.

Good luck with it.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, except I skipped steps 1 and 2 (didn't know I had to). Anybody know how to activate cheats with CFG?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Well... I just place my GCT files in a "codes" folder at the root of my SD card. From CFG, I select the game, and click the 1 button (I think it's 1 button, open up the game settings), and click down on the d-pad until you get to the Ocarina option. From there, change it to On, and the game should boot with cheats.

But that's because I create the GCT files using the Ocarina program on my PC. It works, so if you don't mind having to run from PC to Wii all the time, this should work 100%.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ya... i have same prob as first post can someone who actually knows how to use the cheats with cfg loader and has done so ,please post... cus this sucks...

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you download the cheat file using CFG?

The only game I ever had a problem with was Super Smash Bros Brawl, and thats because theres too many cheats for CFG to cope with

slowpokex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem with donkey kong country returns.

If you are having problems with the cheat parser error for the txt having too many cheats in it, then you will need to edit the cheat text file yourself. Since most of the downloaded cheat text files on the wii is almost unreadable, you should get a new text file, from http://geckocodes.org/index.php just search for the title and after you have chosen the game title at the top of the page should be in orange coloring a downward pointing arrow with txt to the right of it, Click on it to download a human friendly cheats text file. The Cheat Parser usually gives you trouble when the cheat text file exceeds 20KB in size, so take out any cheats that you don't need, save the file, and copy it onto the SD card in the Wii, and put it in the [device root]:\apps\USBLoader\codes. Next, boot up the Wii, open up the Homebrew channel, click on the USB Configurable Loader and Load it up like normal, set your ocarina (cheats) to yes and chose to click on the save button in bottom left corner and to enable cheats in the manage cheat menu before saving the saving the gct file, and all you have to do then is launch the game. Something about GCT should shown up in the text lines on the screen if everything worked out.

KDM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me cheats won't even appear. Where am i supposed to put the .gct files? (or.txt)
Me too. When I try to contact the cheat server via CFG, I get a 404 error. I also get a 404 error on my PC when I try to follow many of the forum links which claim to be to the cheats files.

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to activate some cheats with the cfg-loader but can't get it to work.
What I did is this:

1.) In the options of the game I choose to activate Ocarina cheats
2.) I saved the options
3.) I chose to manage cheats
4.) I downloaded the .txt and got a list of all available cheats
5.) I checked the cheats i wanted (and saved the .gct)
6.) I exited the menu and started the game (hook type doesn't change anything)

No if I exit the cheat menu with B or Z or whatever and re-enter it the cheats are not checked anymore. Also they don't work when I play the game.
How the heck do I activate them? Why doesn't it save which cheats I use?

You have things in the wrong order, heres how i do it

1) Go to manage, download cheats.txt.
2) Select cheats u want, and then select save.gct file.
3) Let it save to SD, then press B to go back.
4) Go to manage/game options , select Ocarina Cheats to ON, then set the hook type (VBI usually works but u may have to try others if the game crashes or strange behaviour).
5) SAVE your setttings if you want it like this always for that game
6) Start the game. It should show that its loading Ocarina cheats in the text.

The cheats are saved. If you go back to the cheats selection screen you WONT see any checked, but rest assured its saved.

HTH.

Reactions: 1 person

Novadahedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep trying to download the .txt file but it keeps telling me
ERROR: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Can someone please tell me what's going on and how to fix this? I wanna be able to use cheats for my wii and gamecube games on CFG....

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I keep trying to download the .txt file but it keeps telling me

Can someone please tell me what's going on and how to fix this? I wanna be able to use cheats for my wii and gamecube games on CFG....

Yup, I just tried to get some cheats for Manhunt 2 and I get the 403 Forbidden error too.

I'm going to try manually downloading the GCT file and see what happens, but it would have been nice if Config USB Loader was able to download the codes for me.

HPFR33K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have things in the wrong order, heres how i do it

1) Go to manage, download cheats.txt.
2) Select cheats u want, and then select save.gct file.
3) Let it save to SD, then press B to go back.
4) Go to manage/game options , select Ocarina Cheats to ON, then set the hook type (VBI usually works but u may have to try others if the game crashes or strange behaviour).
5) SAVE your setttings if you want it like this always for that game
6) Start the game. It should show that its loading Ocarina cheats in the text.

The cheats are saved. If you go back to the cheats selection screen you WONT see any checked, but rest assured its saved.

HTH.

And nearly TEN years later, you saved my ass! Thank you! =) you made two little boys very happy, one is 24 (me) and my son who is three! :grog:

MJ7114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me, i used to be able to edit already saved cheats. If i checked some cheats, saved, then went back, they would still be checked. won't do it any more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over