how to unlock HTC aria

Discussion in 'Android' started by wolffangalchemist, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011
  1. wolffangalchemist
    OP

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i just got a HTC Aria(HTC Liberty) from a friend and was wondering how to unlock it to use sim cards on different networks.
    is there a way to?
    also was wondering about rooting the phone, what features can a rooted phone have over one that's isn't?

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    considering your flag i'm assuming it's the AT&T one, but i can't find anything for unlocking the Aria

however for rooting, you can go here

and basically a rooted phone has admin access on the android phone, so it can read/write to all of the normally protected sections of the phones memory. This allows you to block ads by editing the hosts file (adfree android), backup your phone (titanium backup), wirelessly tether for free (wireless tether for root users), and install custom ROMs that improve performance and battery life of your phone

3. wolffangalchemist
    OP

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    yeah it's AT&T, I'm going to order a new touch screen for it since this one is cracked and i'll probably root the phone when i get a usb cable (all he gave me was the phone and the charger [​IMG] ) just since it's still on the 2.1 update and can be rooted also i like the idea of no ads improving the battery life and a over all much more customisable Android.
    hell even if i can't figure out how to unlock it i can just add a 32gb Micro SD card and make one pretty badass MP3 Player. [​IMG]