Hacking How to save Unsynced trophy data?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just recently was able to pick up a bigger hard drive for my CECHA for a song.

That said, it's still on 3.55 kmeaw which of course Sony won't allow online to do the trophy sync that way. That said, is there a way to backup my (yet to be synced) trophy data before I swap the hard drives in this thing? I know multiman's file explorer might have a clue, but I don't know which directory I would begin from for that. :o

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just recently was able to pick up a bigger hard drive for my CECHA for a song.

That said, it's still on 3.55 kmeaw which of course Sony won't allow online to do the trophy sync that way. That said, is there a way to backup my (yet to be synced) trophy data before I swap the hard drives in this thing? I know multiman's file explorer might have a clue, but I don't know which directory I would begin from for that. :o
Why won't you just update to Rogero, connect to PSN and then sync? You can do that these days, y'know - contemporary firmwares have stealth capacity.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
/dev_hdd0/home/your_id/

Backup the trophy folder. Once new CFW is installed copy the trophy folder back. Go to recovery mode and select rebuild database.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't you just update to Rogero, connect to PSN and then sync? You can do that these days, y'know - contemporary firmwares have stealth capacity.
Because I'm still rather irritated that to try any other 4.* CFW I have to downgrade back to 3.55 first.

And because of the inherent brick risk with downgrading...

And because my PS3 is my sole BluRay player; so if something goes wrong, I'm borked.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because I'm still rather irritated that to try any other 4.* CFW I have to downgrade back to 3.55 first.

And because of the inherent brick risk with downgrading...

And because my PS3 is my sole BluRay player; so if something goes wrong, I'm borked.
You're still better off on a newer firmware - it brings a lot of benefits, compatibility fixes, better PSN support, lesser chance of banning (practically only when playing Blops2 or some online homebrew) and so-on and so-forth, plus I sincerely doubt that Sony has a whole lot of updates up their sleeve now - the war is lost at this point.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, I'm just still pissed off that none of the flasher teams (E3, progskeet, et al) all were too happy to make solder-free solutions for backing up neutered systems and practically all but ignoring the existence of the NAND-based systems for being able to backup and restore from a brick scenario. I would have happily spent the money on an E3 Flasher setup if I could have used it on my CECHA to backup its nand and recover from a brick scenario.

That and I'm just trying to be careful. As I said, I know that all too often one tends to lose their ability to play bluray movies if they ever have to downgrade.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your ID is the username you picked.
The problem is when I explore that in the file explorer of multiman, it's not my username. It's just some randomly generated number.

This was especially confusing when I used to have my brother's login as well, back when Sony allowed more consoles for gamesharing and stuff.

At least since I ended up having to delete his data, now there's just the one.
that won't work, it won't sync, he can try anyway.
It won't?

Well, that sucks.

I've been trying to play it safe, because I just haven't been able to find anywhere that actually lists people testing these new firmwares, and considering that my currently only working PS3 is a CECHA, I'd be especially pissed off if I borked it, or got it banned. Got rather fortunate in the sense that I pretty much stopped connecting about a week before Sony decided to start banning CFW consoles that attempted to connect. It's also really frustrating that there are games I would want to buy for my PS3, but can't because of the firmware dilemma.

I also recall that with many of the 4.* firmwares, they ended up having a disclaimer that I would have to downgrade to 3.55 again if I wanted to go to another. Has that problem finally been fixed?

Again, the only consoles I have are NAND-based ones, and the only people that ever seem to be reporting trying theirs are people that have NOR consoles that could have a no-solder E3 flasher to backup and restore from. I'd be much more willing to experiment with new CFW's if I had something like that on either of my machines. And my attempt to prepare my CECHB for guinea-pigging Rogero 4.40 kinda stopped short because the thing is currently on 3.50 OFW and won't even let me update to 3.55 of any flavor, giving me some stupid error about 60% of the way through.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is when I explore that in the file explorer of multiman, it's not my username. It's just some randomly generated number.

This was especially confusing when I used to have my brother's login as well, back when Sony allowed more consoles for gamesharing and stuff.

At least since I ended up having to delete his data, now there's just the one.

It won't?

Well, that sucks.

I've been trying to play it safe, because I just haven't been able to find anywhere that actually lists people testing these new firmwares, and considering that my currently only working PS3 is a CECHA, I'd be especially pissed off if I borked it, or got it banned. Got rather fortunate in the sense that I pretty much stopped connecting about a week before Sony decided to start banning CFW consoles that attempted to connect. It's also really frustrating that there are games I would want to buy for my PS3, but can't because of the firmware dilemma.

I also recall that with many of the 4.* firmwares, they ended up having a disclaimer that I would have to downgrade to 3.55 again if I wanted to go to another. Has that problem finally been fixed?

Again, the only consoles I have are NAND-based ones, and the only people that ever seem to be reporting trying theirs are people that have NOR consoles that could have a no-solder E3 flasher to backup and restore from. I'd be much more willing to experiment with new CFW's if I had something like that on either of my machines. And my attempt to prepare my CECHB for guinea-pigging Rogero 4.40 kinda stopped short because the thing is currently on 3.50 OFW and won't even let me update to 3.55 of any flavor, giving me some stupid error about 60% of the way through.

I agree 100% with you in the sense we should have a nand backup solution (like bootmii for wii) by now.

Quoted from Rogero
This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.

So what's the deal with your CECHB? Have you tried everything? 999 downgrader might just work...
also try with a different flash drive they have been giving me headaches now i just use my psp.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is the CECHB is still only on 3.50 OFW... I need to get it to 3.55 first before I can install CFW.

And right now it just keeps failing and going into this endless reboot cycle in trying to install it. It stops with some error about 60% of the way, which at least looking up the error code implies a BD drive error. However, that doesn't make any sense to me because before I attempted any of that, I could stick in a disc and it would play fine. At least, up until my most recent attempt to get this sorted out where now it will only boot up in the recovery mode and won't really let me proceed. :(

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

it was the older versions of rogero the caused the bricks with older machines, i know rebug lets you install from any firmware on 3.55 or lower from xmb so that is no longer a problem anymore, not sure if rogero lets you do that now as i don't use rogero, i would presume that would be the same.

so you are on 3.50 ofw, and it won't let you update to any other firmware? maybe there is a problem with your nand or hard drive?

and anyways just be careful signing in with cfw now sony are very strict and anyone caught on psn with cfw ps3 it's a high risk console and account ban regardless of what you are doing on psn they ban you anyway that is why i haven't used my cfw ps3 in months now because of it.

Either way, I can't get it to update beyond that because of the error and reboot loop it goes into trying to update and failing.
ah the reboot loop, that is a pretty bad thing to have, you need to sort that out before you upgrade to any cfw.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link. Problem is that the PS3's display intentionally obscures the progress meter precisely when it decides to throw up the error, which is 8002F14E.

And that being said, is there a 3.55 I can install at this point that would at least let me bypass the BluRay Drive? Since the faulty PS3 in question is a CECHB, that means it has no WiFi to speak of. Again, I'm still confused why it would complain about the BluRay drive, since before I attempted to update to any firmware, I could stick a disc in and it would work.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't think you can bypass the blu ray check i will have a look around and see what i can come up with.

so yeah the answer is no, this error code 8002f14e is a hardware problem, the cable that connects the blu ray drive is not functioning properly or was not remarried properly when you were fixing it together there is a high risk guide that lets you remarry any blu ray drive to any motherboard but it's high risk and requires you to downgrade to 3.15 firmware to do it.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/finally-remarry-bd-drives-other-consoles-83352/

read the guide carefully and use at your own risk, so it's either that or get it fixed professionally or it's the scrap heap as there is no way you can install any firmware update on it till this blu ray remarry problem is solved.

(there is hope for you lol) this might be a much easier option but you need to format your hard drive for it to work so your trophies will go and you won't be able to recover them once the internal hard drive is formatted but you will be able to bypass the blu ray drive check:

i don't know if installing rebug 3.55.4 after formatting the hard drive would work, if not you can always try 3.55 official firmware and install what you want from there, good luck anyway and tell me if it works for you.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CECHB is not my primary, so I never had anything on it that I needed to keep. It's my CECHA that I am afraid of bricking, because at least that's the one that hasn't given me any problems yet.

I do want to get the CECHB up and running, though. Which frustratingly looks like I'd need a replacement BD drive before I can even try again, Funny thing is that searching around I found a 3.55 kmeaw that had been supposedly patched to skip the BD drive checks nad it still fails to install and goes in that update loop. Formatting the drive does nothing of any effect there, either.

That said, frustratingly it seems like my only working console is my one and only CECHA, that I had been hoping to keep "safe". But I'm also really tired of the fact that I can't even buy new PS3 games that I would want because of this firmware nonsense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1