How to restore emunand backup?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Otakuboy45, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Otakuboy45
    OP

Otakuboy45 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    Hi there, I'm new to the 3ds homebrew scene. I followed the tutorial posted for Reinand to a key and everything was fine until I reached the point of updating my emunand to 10.3. Once I updated using sysUpdater I booted Reinand and the screen said it was preparing the home menu and glitched out sending me back to bootmanager. They told me restore my emunand backup but I have no idea about how to go about that. I dont want to make anything worse then is so I was hoping someone could help me out.

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
  3. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    He will need to restore the nand on sysnand, use a homebrew emunand tool (forgot name) to clone it to emunand...profit...btw make a back up of the sysnand before this assuming there unlinked

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

:teach:Always make a emunand backup before doing dangerous stuff like updating or installing systems files cia's:teach:

4. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Actually, using EmuNAND Tool, he can inject the Nand.bin straight into EmuNAND. It won't be exactly the same as restoring an EmuNAND backup but at least his emuNAND will work and he can attempt another update.

5. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Still "cloning"