Hacking How to restore emunand backup?

Otakuboy45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm new to the 3ds homebrew scene. I followed the tutorial posted for Reinand to a key and everything was fine until I reached the point of updating my emunand to 10.3. Once I updated using sysUpdater I booted Reinand and the screen said it was preparing the home menu and glitched out sending me back to bootmanager. They told me restore my emunand backup but I have no idea about how to go about that. I dont want to make anything worse then is so I was hoping someone could help me out.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have an EmuNAND backup. But you can probably use your NAND.bin backup.
Here's the tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
He will need to restore the nand on sysnand, use a homebrew emunand tool (forgot name) to clone it to emunand...profit...btw make a back up of the sysnand before this assuming there unlinked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:teach:Always make a emunand backup before doing dangerous stuff like updating or installing systems files cia's:teach:

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He will need to restore the nand on sysnand, use a homebrew emunand tool (forgot name) to clone it to emunand...profit...btw make a back up of the sysnand before this assuming there unlinked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:teach:Always make a emunand backup before doing dangerous stuff like updating or installing systems files cia's:teach:
Actually, using EmuNAND Tool, he can inject the Nand.bin straight into EmuNAND. It won't be exactly the same as restoring an EmuNAND backup but at least his emuNAND will work and he can attempt another update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale