How to replace NDSL speakers?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by plunplan, Jun 29, 2009.

1. plunplan
    OP

plunplan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Spain
    how can i replace a damage speakers on my ndsl?

2. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hull
    Well, you will need some simple soldering experience (or have a nice and willing friend who has experience).
    If you're 100% certain that it is the speakers which are damaged, you can get replacement speakers at a few places (DealExtreme comes to mind).
    The actual "swapping out" is a simple case of taking apart the top-screen section of the case, desoldering the old speakers, soldering the new ones on, and putting the case back together.

3. Akiyo

Akiyo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    desoldering is a nightmare. one wrong move and the board might get damaged >.< at least, thats the problem for me.

4. plunplan
    OP

plunplan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Spain
    well.. the problem is that the speakers make a strange noise and sometimes just dont sound at all and suddenly they start to sount with all the volume thats kind of annoying..

PD sorry about my bad english [​IMG]

5. papyrus

papyrus GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2008
    Nipa Hut
    you can use earphones or headphones. .. [​IMG]

6. ChrisMims

ChrisMims Banned

Banned
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Sounds like a damaged wire in the speakers. I had that problem with my DS (the old one). Just be sure to use a small, low heat soldering gun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice