Hacking Question How to remove emuMMC using Hekate?

ubeyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys,

Any idea how to effectively delete emuMMC after created it?

I accidentally updated my Switch from 9x to 10x when switching wifi. And I have do a complete upgrade and watched a tutorial on how to upgrade. However I realised I don't need emuMMC as i'm not planning to play online.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of whether you're planning on playing online, you should definitely make sure you have a good NAND backup in case anything goes wrong, for now or in the future. And I'd strongly recommend going the Clean SysNAND / Dirty EmuMMC route that most people have, it really is the best of both worlds.

That being said, if you still want to get rid of your emuMMC, the easiest way is to backup the contents of your SD card and then wipe it. Not simply by deleting the contents or re-formatting it, you want to wipe and re-partition it. On Windows, this can be done by going into Diskpart, selecting your SD card (be careful! don't wipe your hard drive(s)!), and typing disk clean.

You can also go into Disk Management, delete any existing partitions on your card, and create a new primary partition, ensuring it utilizes the full capacity of the card.

Reactions: ubeyou

Rarmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regardless of whether you're planning on playing online, you should definitely make sure you have a good NAND backup in case anything goes wrong, for now or in the future. And I'd strongly recommend going the Clean SysNAND / Dirty EmuMMC route that most people have, it really is the best of both worlds.

That being said, if you still want to get rid of your emuMMC, the easiest way is to backup the contents of your SD card and then wipe it. Not simply by deleting the contents or re-formatting it, you want to wipe and re-partition it. On Windows, this can be done by going into Diskpart, selecting your SD card (be careful! don't wipe your hard drive(s)!), and typing disk clean.

You can also go into Disk Management, delete any existing partitions on your card, and create a new primary partition, ensuring it utilizes the full capacity of the card.
Cant I just delete the emuMMC folder and thats it? Or will the Switch brick if I do it that way?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep the EmuMMC. It's a brick protection. There have been bricking NSPs in the past. You can do anything in EmuNAND and it will never effect your actual console. Just keep it. No reason not to. You are using the space when you install things to System while in EmuNAND . It's better. Especially for people who accidentally update and what not.

What happens in EmuNAND stays in EmuNAND.

In an effort for comprehensive threads in order to remove it matters on what kind of EmuNAND you have. You will want to move it to SysNAND or backup your saves. They live on the NAND.. Is it Hidden partition? Reformat the SD. Back it up first. Is it file based? Delete the EmuMMC directory.

Your console, your decision but this is a mistake IMHO. There is no drawbacks to having an EmuNAND. I even go online in one.

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: remiferia

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant I just delete the emuMMC folder and thats it? Or will the Switch brick if I do it that way?
No if your emunand a partition emunand, thats the equivalent of deleting the Nintendo folder off your sd. If its a file based emunand, then yeah it would be equivalent to that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls