How to play updated games with CFW

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Michael Tripp, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Michael Tripp
    OP

Michael Tripp Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    UFO released a patch update for Elminage Original earlier this week. I downloaded a .pkg file for the game that is from PSN and decrypted it to make the EBOOT. I updated the game on OFW and its now version 1.01. Is there a method that allows you to make an ISO image with the patch data inside. The program(NPDPC) I used only seemed to compile an ISO for the 1.0 version of the game. There is a number of .EDAT files and a PBOOT that was installed in the patched EBOOT folder. Any help or information would be helpful if anyone knows anything about this. Note: I did notice an option for Game update on the ISO tool program that looks for PBOOT. Would I need to have all the PBOOT and patch data in the same folder as the ISO?
    Ah I was on the right direction. Noticed when I opened the ISO_Tool program and clicked Game Update it was looking for the PBOOT in PSP/GAME. So I just moved the iso and patch data into a folder there. Ran the Game Update and it created an updated ISO. Put the ISO back in the ISO folder and left the rest in PSP/GAME and see there is 2 icons now in the XMB tray with 1.01 iso and patch data. Did the trick it seems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice