Hacking How to play games without Sky3DS+?

mike9234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I have been reading a lot of how people are playing games on CIA files or something, and I am so lost. I have no idea what these terms are (CFW, pasta, FBI, ninjahax, etc.) Can someone direct me to a maybe catch-all tutorial or something to play games on the 3DS online without using Sky3DS+? Is it even possible?

By the way, I have a N3DSXL on 9.9.0-21U.

What's the best advice you can give me to get caught up in this community? What should I do to play 3DS games online without thinking about private headers and whatnot? I basically just want to be able to play games online (ex. Bravely Default) without the possibility of being banned.

Thanks!

Last edited by mike9234,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What things should I be looking for. Is there like a few things that someone can tell me what to get and install in whatever order? Is it possible to play games online on the 3DS with the specifications I gave in the original post?
First forget about sky3ds private headers because when you install a custom firmware (cfw) you wont need that. Look for a thread that has reinand in it or how to install reinand thats what youll need. Oh and the downgrade thread and thats it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most of the info you need will be there. Damn nevermind I dont have a new 3ds so I dont know but I think you will have to buy cubic ninja or ocarina of time to install custom firmware sorry.

Last edited by Gingerbread Crumb,

mike9234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean I'll have to buy those games? I have a New 3DS 9.9.0-21U. What tools, software, etc. do I need? There's way too much to know, I'm sort of overwhelmed by all of these acronyms lol.

mike9234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, what happens after downgrading? How do I downgrade on a N3DSXL? And then what would I do/what would I need after downgrading in order to play games online? CIA?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, what happens after downgrading? How do I downgrade on a N3DSXL? And then what would I do/what would I need after downgrading in order to play games online? CIA?
For downgrading, look up safesysupdater on the forums and you should find something. You'll need homebrew set up so check out Smealum's site - if you Google homebrew launcher it should be one of the top results. You can use your Sky as a copy of Cubic Ninja.

For CFW there's a good tutorial out there called something like, the catch-all tutorial for CFW and emuNAND. Don't worry anout that one until you've downgraded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol