How to play backup Wii discs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ckylesworld1, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ckylesworld1
    OP

ckylesworld1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    My friend just bought a used old style Wii. I have a Wii that has a wiikey soldered into it or whatever and I have a bunch of burned backups. What can I do to hers so hers can play my backups too?

2. bananapi761

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    If the disc drive is an older model, I think you can use some homebrew program(s) to load them such as NeoGamma, but newer Wiis will not read them. Almost every Wii can load games from SD or USB using homebrew, though. You could try dumping the burned discs you have, and copy them to SD or USB.

Last edited by bananapi761, Apr 5, 2017
  3. ckylesworld1
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    Is definitely an old one and I totally want to make it play my burned games because I am not using them and she can just have them I don't want to have to go through too much trouble as far as dumping them ect.

4. bananapi761

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Then try installing the Homebrew channel and Neogamma and try the discs on that Wii.

5. ckylesworld1
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    Okay I will try to find a tutorial about it and also where to get the files thank you

6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Games will only run at 3x aka half the speed on softmod via disc your best to go all out and usb will run at 6x+ speeds

7. ckylesworld1
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    I already have over 200 backups on disc i have had for years and not used i was going to give my friend. I dont want to go through trouble of downloading etc. I just want to be able to softmod hers to play my existing games.