How to patch eShop games to be region free?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by kinder_bueno, Feb 21, 2016.

1. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    Hi, I've dumped my eShop games using FunkyCIA and I would like to make them region free. I know that I have to change icon.bin and I can do this even using decrypted CIA, but after such change I need also to generate proper signature for that NCHH. How should I do that?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I've had success with using Decrypt9's "Cia decryptor - full", decompressing with PackHack, editing, creating a .3ds with PackHack, and finishing with Simple 3DS to CIA 4.3 (iirc) -- a fakesigning sufficient to install and run under CFW is automatically handled, and of course you can't get a legit cia (for everyone or yourself) out of this!

3. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    @Ryccardo thank you for the response! I am aware of this method but using 3dsbuilder included in PackHack you will lose manual for the original game which is my aim here - I want manual to also be included in generated 3ds/cia.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    kinder_bueno likes this.
  5. kinder_bueno
    OP

kinder_bueno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    Poland
    @Ryccardo I have downloaded ctrtool, 3dstool and makerom - I've found some documentation on 3dbrew but I can't find good docs for ctrtool and 3dstool, and --help command is not really helpful since it doesn't even list every possible commands, e. g --content and possible set of parameters for it. I cannot make anything of it :(

@EDIT

@Ryccardo Thanks! I did it just as it was described in the link you've given to me! Below my input on keeping manual in the CIA:

Code:
    makerom -f cia -o zelda-seasons2.cia -content game.0000.00000000:0:0x00 -content game.0001.00000001:1:0x01 -major 0 -minor 0

game.0000.00000000:0:0x00 - cxi containg the game, banner, icon, etc
    game.0001.00000001:1:0x01 - extracted manual

Last edited by kinder_bueno, Feb 21, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice