How to open emuNAND9 while running A9HL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ValconExe, Nov 10, 2016.

1. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Title says it all, I guess. It doesn't work to run it through HBL, I've been told that it should work by renaming the .bin to (for example) start_emuNAND9.bin, but when I do this, it just boots to the Home menu. Incase you need to know, on my 3DS, I am currently running 9.2 sysNAND, and I want an emu/redNAND so that I can play newest games/use my R4 on the emu/redNAND, and use the good old QR code Pokemon injector on the sysNAND. I have no idea what to do from this point on, so please help!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Did you place the .bin file in the luma/payloads folder? Press Start and power on the system while still pressing the Start button. Do you have another file in the luma/payloads folder that begins with start?

3. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Yep, that's where it is. It's in the exact same place as my Hourglass9 bin, and when I hold up, Hourglass9 boots, but when I hold start, it just boots to the Home menu.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Redownload the latest EmuNAND9 zip and replace the current file you have with that one, same name and all. Or try assigning it to a different button, like Y (y_) or X (x_).

5. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I tried assigning it to the Y button, same result.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried the exact same thing, using Decrypt9, and for Decrypt9, I just blackscreen forever, until I shut off my 3DS.

6. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    You sure you have A9LH? There's no need to boot it from HBL if you have it.
    Anyways, that's a really weird issue right there. Maybe your buttons are broke or have dust inside em?

Just a little thing from me:
    I have my Emunand9 payload named like this, "y_Emu9.bin" inside my /root/luma/payloads/ folder and it boots perfectly fine for me

Quantumcat and KunoichiZ like this.
  7. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I'm almost entirely sure I'm running A9LH, but I'll do some more checks, and I guess reply afterwards. But, Hourglass9 does work, if that helps.

8. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    If Hourglass9 boots upon booting the handheld, the other payloads should boot as well, that's really weird that they don't. Not sure if you have tried this or not, but name the Emunand9 payload to whatever Hourglass9 is assigned to and pray like hell while you boot it up. (change Hourglass9 obviously) A screenshot of your SD Card would be nice too.

9. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I can't anymore today, but tomorrow morning I'll send a screenshot, and test that out. Thanks!

EDIT: Be warned, it'll be messy, disorganized, and have some really old files on it.

Last edited by ValconExe, Nov 10, 2016
    Posghetti likes this.
  10. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Make sure you're using the ".bin" file from the archive, not renaming .3dsx to .bin

Quantumcat and Posghetti like this.
  11. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah, I'm not using the .3dsx, I'm using the file that starts off as a .bin file.
    I tried renaming emuNAND9.bin to up_Hourglass9.bin, but then when I held up, same result as always, just went to the Home menu.

Here are 2 screenshots of my SD card.
    http://imgur.com/a/BY3kL
    http://imgur.com/a/XGyuq

12. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What about inside your luma/payloads folder?

Edit: also, I don't know if it's just my bad connection but it's all blurry and I can't read any of the names of the files or folders.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Nov 10, 2016
  13. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Not at my PC anymore, but I got GodMode9 running so in a sec I'll put up a screenshot of my SD card from that.

Edit: Here it is: https://imgur.com/1f9RJZx

14. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Are you sure you've got the right file? It's 5MB in there. The Emunand9.bin in the latest release is only 95.7kB.

15. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that I got that from the .zip, but I could be wrong (plz no that would be so embarassing)

I could have also, while constantly renaming things, accidentally switched my emuNAND9 and my Decrypt.

16. ValconExe
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    KMS, it was that. Oh god, everyone who's been helping me, I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I have no idea what that file was... Wow, this is embarrassing. I'm really sorry, everyone, but thanks.

EDIT: I checked around on my SD card, it seems like somehow I got a starter.bin to be named emuNAND9.bin. I don't remember doing it, but no one else ever has access to this SD card, so it must have been me...

Quantumcat likes this.