1. HudU_

OP HudU_ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi! I have a dev system I just picked up recently and was wondering if it was possible to install cias through the dev menu without custom firmware? Im trying to keep the system as original as possible. I know you can't use the dev menu as a title id installer like FBI or anything like that (You have to use signed code) but the game im trying to install on this is a game a friend of mine and I dumped which came initially through the dev menu on another preproduction/dev system (You can look at a few older threads I posted if your curious). I put an encrypted and decrypted cia on an sd card and tested either one would install but it gave me the same error each time:

Import failed. File:
    filename.cia
    This cia is invalid.
    (0xD8E0806A)

It recognized the game and everything, but It wouldn't let me install it for some reason. Is it the filetype/format? or can I not install cias through the dev menu? Please let me know!

Thanks! -HudU

Also: I asked this question on another post I made in the "Questions" section, but I figured id post it here too

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    U need CFW to install cia's

3. HudU_

OP HudU_ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    in other formats is it possible to install apps or titles through the dev menu?

4. Filo97

Filo97 Pink = Best colour

Italy
    You could hack the 3DS, I'm afraid that's the only way https://panda.hacks.guide/

E1ite007, TurdPooCharger and Shadow#1 like this.
  5. Marioiscool246

Newcomer

United States
    You are most likely trying to install a retail cia onto a development system. You can't do this without cfw. Try following this guide to install cfw. https://panda.hacks.guide/

E1ite007, TurdPooCharger and fmkid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - install, through, Panda