Hacking How to install BootMii

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. Anybody know How to install BootMii on my bricked Nand dump??? i have image dump of my bricked wii and cant understand how to install it...who knows pls explain me...

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...you don't...

BootMii is installed on the Wii so that the NAND dump can be made. If you're bricked without Preloader and BootMii IOS or BootMii/boot2 installed (which I don't understand because if you have a NAND dump, how is it that you don't have BootMii?), then you're screwed and your Wii is lost.

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I did dump via nand Programmer. that is why i have wii nand dump....
according that tutorial : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186836&hl=

"Now we need to install Bootmii by Team Twiizers to your Wii, I used Soft-Xavbox-Programmer to install a Boot1b Boot2v3 Bootmii (My broadway ID was 5070) and then I proceeded to flash the NAND blocks 0-8." i cant understand that thing....Soft-Xavbox-Programmer is a software wich can see wii nand dump and can install Bootmii???? am i right??

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DeadlyFoez said:
The first 2 posts are only semi correct.

If is possible to install bootmii as boot2 on older (pre LU64+ era wiis). You have to use an infectus modchip (only an infectus or other nand programmer hardware will work, no other modchips) and you have to program bootmii into boot2 blocks 3 and 4.

And it is possible to do a nand dump without bootmii installed as boot2. Keep in mind people that you can install bootmii as an IOS on any wii.

sorry man...i'm a lam in wii a little...how to know what i have older(pre LU64+ era wiis) or not?....but i'm good in soldering and can program my wii nand...the question was how to to program bootmii into boot2 blocks 3 and 4???? via what?? coz wii nand dump in bin format.....and can be opened only via HEX redactor...i cant understand how to install...if can pls explain me...

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DeadlyFoez said:
Xavbox requires a infectus to work. An you dont have to do blocks 0-7 (first 8 blocks) because bootmii is strictly in blocks 3 and 4, so you never have to chance messing up your boot1 or boot2 versions.

There is more details about this and I will only go into length if requested to do so.

P.S. I am no spokesman for Team Twiizers, but I have asked them enough questions to fully understand.

Xavbox is software as i understand??? wich can open wii nund??? i dont need infectus...i desolder wii nand and read it directly...and can write it directly..

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DeadlyFoez said:
No. You are not good enough with your soldering skills. Not many people are. It was a challenge my first time to solder wires that small and I have done component swaps many time with a soldering iron before. Trust me, this is way different. And I can tell that you are not good enough because the only people that are good enough can read scematics and have already taken their wii apart and dont have to ask these questions. Sorry man. Not trying to flame you.

If you dont understand what "blocks" are then do some research on wiibrew.org and you will understand after a little research in the hardware section. But Xavbox does not make you have to worry about the amout of bytes or even hex editing. As long as you only write blocks 3 and 4 then you are safe....for the most part for someone who does understand this stuff.

Since your nand dump is in .bin format then that can be used to unbrick your wii.

i mean i'm good enough with my soldering skills....coz i did it many times....did reballing of xbox360 GPU an so on :-))) i can repair harware....bt i cant understand software....that i mean :-)))

sas83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DeadlyFoez , by the way...thx for your help...i will try today do something...maybe will have success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb