ROM Hack How to install a hack rom only using a PC

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As title says, I only have a .3DS file of a game (Fire Emblem Awakening) and I wanted to install a hackrom on this game to run on Citra 3DS Emulator, but I can't find romfs.bin files of the game anywhere and I don't know how to get them without a 3DS system... Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance and sorry for the language, english is not my native language.

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

My typo is that bad? lol. I don't have a 3DS and I want to play a hackrom on Citra 3DS Emulator. There's anyway to do it? Hope I cleared it out, and again, sorry because of my very bad english, I'm not native

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're English is very good. This guy is just an idiot a member of GBAtemp who makes stupid posts. The only thing wrong is that they're called "rom hacks", not "hack roms". But it doesn't really matter because everyone will understand. (But if you really wanted to, you could call them "hacked roms".)

This guide may help you:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

I think you'll need to extract the .3DS, replace the extracted romfs with the rom hack's romfs, and rebuild the .3DS.

Thanks for the friendly reply! As always I'm a bit stupid, the tutorial said the romfs content would be extracted in the ExtractedRomFS folder but this folder arent in any part of my computer. I did something wrong? I'm so confused!

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the friendly reply! As always I'm a bit stupid, the tutorial said the romfs content would be extracted in the ExtractedRomFS folder but this folder arent in any part of my computer. I did something wrong? I'm so confused!
Read the troubleshooting at the end, then send a screenshot of your folder

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Read the troubleshooting at the end, then send a screenshot of your folder

About the troubleshooting:

1- The file is full decrypted, otherwise Citra wouldn't run it;
2- It don't have, the file name is: fireemblemawakening.3ds;
3- I didn't did it, I just wrote fireemblemawakening exactly like this;
4- The last one I don't know, my native language is brazilian portuguese but I used the SetupUS with no problems at all...

It even extract (The message "Extraction done!" appears) but I just can't find the extracted files, nor the ExtractedRomFS folder.

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm too stupid to figure out which folder you want a screenshot so I'll just show you all the ones that should have something about it:

uh9Ur97.png
ogF5p8O.png
tFZSJna.png

Again, sorry for my stupidity.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nah, I meant the folder where HT3DS and your rom are.
Btw, they need to be in the same folder, if you want extract it...

You should have something like that (don't care about the 0kb size, I just used a fake file to take sceeenshots).
170403014212745745.png

170403014212969598.png

170403014212872254.png

Last edited by Asia81,

Burny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh boy, I didn't knew they should be on the same folder to be extracted, I feel so stupid now...
It should work now, thank you!

EDIT: It worked! Thank you guys for the advice, love you all <3

Last edited by Burny,

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
https://github.com/Asia81/HackingToolkit3DS

I added 32bits supports.
I tried in a Windows 10 32bits (using a virtual machine, as I have a 64 bits) and it worked very well, even for rebuild big games like Dragon Quest 8.

Is there a way to change the installation location? Since I have the entire operating system in the initial partition of the hard drive, but the programs are in another partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1