Not open for further replies.

BobSaget1945

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm an idiot, I can't find the answer to this question though. There are some homebrew apps that you can choose to download in either a .3dsx file or a .cia file. I'd rather install a .3dsx file than a .cia, but how does one go about installing a .3dsx file?

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it goes in /3ds/file.3dsx, sometimes /3ds/file/file.3dsx. run with homebrew launcher.
I have tried this and have gotten stuck on a yellow bottom screen when trying to launch Checkpoint.3dsx because trying to install FBI to install the .cia of it seems to require Luma, but I need to get Checkpoint working before Luma because, according to 3ds.hacks.guide, I'll have to reformat my 3ds and need to make save backups first. Any help?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried this and have gotten stuck on a yellow bottom screen when trying to launch Checkpoint.3dsx because trying to install FBI to install the .cia of it seems to require Luma, but I need to get Checkpoint working before Luma because, according to 3ds.hacks.guide, I'll have to reformat my 3ds and need to make save backups first. Any help?

some homebrew entrypoints can cause instability with certain homebrew, try using a different entrypoint

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some homebrew entrypoints can cause instability with certain homebrew, try using a different entrypoint
I'm completely new to this and I'm only going through all this trouble because the file that came out of braindump wouldn't work with Citra, saying it needed to be decrypted, so I'm just following what it tells me to do to decrypt it, which is severely complicated for what I'm trying to do and I don't know all of this homebrew lingo yet, so can you please explain what an entrypoint is?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm completely new to this and I'm only going through all this trouble because the file that came out of braindump wouldn't work with Citra, saying it needed to be decrypted, so I'm just following what it tells me to do to decrypt it, which is severely complicated for what I'm trying to do and I don't know all of this homebrew lingo yet, so can you please explain what an entrypoint is?

I have read about what you want to do, but what you are trying to do is impossible, In order to run Checkpoint you need to run the Rosalina-based homebrewlauncher, which can only be done when you have installed Luma3DS, it does not work with any hax-based entrypoints (for example soundhax or ninjahax)

You need to follow 3ds.hacks.guide in order to install boot9strap and Luma3DS and then once finished you can install Checkpoint as a .cia file to your home menu on your 3ds. (Or run it using the rosalina-based homebrew launcher)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also. Dont even bother using braindump as it does not even make full complete files. You will need to get them a different way

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read about what you want to do, but what you are trying to do is impossible, In order to run Checkpoint you need to run the Rosalina-based homebrewlauncher, which can only be done when you have installed Luma3DS, it does not work with any hax-based entrypoints (for example soundhax or ninjahax)

You need to follow 3ds.hacks.guide in order to install boot9strap and Luma3DS and then once finished you can install Checkpoint as a .cia file to your home menu on your 3ds. (Or run it using the rosalina-based homebrew launcher)
I was using that guide and it says "Use a save manager to backup any saves you care about on the target 3DS (it will be formatted!)" highlighted in red which is why I'm trying to run Checkpoint. It also completely skipped telling me how to install Luma and continues on to tell me how to install boot9strap and GodMode9 as though I already have Luma installed. This is why I'm so confused and need help.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was using that guide and it says "Use a save manager to backup any saves you care about on the target 3DS (it will be formatted!)" highlighted in red which is why I'm trying to run Checkpoint. It also completely skipped telling me how to install Luma and continues on to tell me how to install boot9strap and GodMode9 as though I already have Luma installed. This is why I'm so confused and need help.
In that case. Take a look at JKSM. it does work with hax entries.

Attachments

• JKSM_3DSX.zip
    470.7 KB · Views: 282

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands

do you have more then 1 3ds?
what firmware do you currently have on your 3ds(es)?

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have more then 1 3ds?
what firmware do you currently have on your 3ds(es)?
I only have one 3ds, but I already have a movable.sed thanks to a helpful Discord group. My firmware is 11.7.0-40U (if that's what you mean) and I'm using the Steeldiver Sub Wars exploit to run Homebrew Launcher.

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only have one 3ds, but I already have a movable.sed thanks to a helpful Discord group. My firmware is 11.7.0-40U (if that's what you mean) and I'm using the Steeldiver Sub Wars exploit to run Homebrew Launcher.
is it an old or new 3ds?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you're looking at the wrong thing, goto https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware) and read about the seedminer part, the dsiware game/save injection is not relevant for you.

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it an old or new 3ds?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you're looking at the wrong thing, goto (hyperlink I can't post) and read about the seedminer part, the dsiware game/save injection is not relevant for you.
It's an old 3DS and thank you. I thought, because I was using a game that wasn't on the small list that I had to choose the one that used the bigger list.

Daidaika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm on section 4 of the seedminer guide and still getting a green screen when I start up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA