How to i manipulate game script?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ComicMaster148, Sep 23, 2018.

1. ComicMaster148
    OP

ComicMaster148 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    I want to translate a game but from what i have heard you need to manipulate a games script I have the file but the progams I have used dont work.(HXD and Kuriimu)

HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. ComicMaster148
    OP

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    thanks for the links they can really help, but is there a specific program i could try?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Game developers can write a game in a million different ways, and they usually do it differently to other games. To that end if you want to play hacker with a new and unknown game then you have to know enough to figure out how they did what they did and change it.
    No program is going to be made that handles every case, indeed making a program someone else can customise enough to make it work for a new game ends up almost being a programming language unto itself (see something like atlas and cartographer).

Occasionally for these newer systems you get lucky and developers will reuse something seen before which offers a small shortcut but you are still going to have to get your hands dirty in the end.

5. ComicMaster148
    OP

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    thanks