How to hack the Leapfrog LeapsterGS handheld console?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by blueagent1999, Aug 1, 2017.

1. blueagent1999
    OP

blueagent1999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    [​IMG]

i saw one of these console at a second hand store and i read that these things could be hacked to run neogeo and the likes, unfortunately however, the original site that hosted the tutorial has been taken down, so i was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to softmod this thing. any help would be greatly appreciated as i can no longer find any relevant tutorials on how to mod this console.

thank you so much for all the help!

Last edited by blueagent1999, Aug 1, 2017
  2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
  3. blueagent1999
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    yes i've seen that website a little while back, which contain a link to the aforementioned defunct website that hosted the original tutorial, as well as all the necessary files for making it work.

there's this one fellow on youtube who knows how to mod this, but he's very secretive about it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikewolak

so when someone calls him out for being a showoff, he literally responded with the following:
    oh well maybe someday someone nicer will post a tutorial on how to make it work.

Last edited by blueagent1999, Aug 6, 2017
  4. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I doubt he really knows. A lot of youtubers are frauds. There is a guy who posted a bunch of tutorials that permanently brick your 3DS if you follow it exactly as he says.

blueagent1999 likes this.
  5. blueagent1999
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    yeah i know what you mean, there are so many bad tutorials with vague and ambiguous instructions on youtube, years ago i actually ruined my brand new sony walkman phone because someone posted a bad tutorial on the internet and it ended up bricking my phone after flashing its firmware.:cry:

Last edited by blueagent1999, Aug 1, 2017