1. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    I'd love to get gmenu2x going, but it drove me nuts to get as far as I did with this thing. I don't imagine I'd be able to get the motivation to try and get this going too. Still, very cool work.

2. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just thought I’d chime in (since this topic is at least still on page 1 of this section) that I’m interested too and planning on getting a LeapsterGS to try this out! I also saw the original hackaday article too late to get the CFW that was originally posted for it. I have better/more powerful portable systems, but anything that can be made to run emulators is interesting to me. Happy to learn about Retroleap and Gmenux running on this thing.

3. DobaMuffin

DobaMuffin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This is an interesting little system. Hopefully I have some time to learn more about it in the upcoming weeks. Gotta love staying home and doing uni online due to coronavirus.

Anyways, I emailed leapfrog about getting the source code and got this link which I think could be useful. Hopefully we can figure out how to port more to this system and how to create our own customized os.

4. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, yes you do. My GS arrived in the mail yesterday and, after switching around some cables to find one that worked, I got Retroleap installed, followed by your excellent ports of Gmenu, games, and emulators. While I have other, more capable portable emulation machines, I just wanted to drop in and say that I appreciate your contributions, (particularly Gmenu, the standalone Gambatte port, and Commander,) and that it helps make this hunk of plastic a decent offering.

You mentioned using rechargeable batteries with this and getting working charging. If I wanted to do this, would I need to grab the official rechargeable battery packs and replace the built-in batteries if they don’t hold a charge anymore, or is there an easier way? Also, am I correct to assume that the official wall charger is required for this, and that I could not charge it over USB?

I use two other devices with Gmenu, so I swapped the A and B buttons in the config right away. I don’t want to make more work for you, but man it’d be nice to have some of the other apps (like Commander) have a swap AB option. Also, is there any way to disable the requirement for the public key? I tried using it with FileZilla, but I was getting an odd “unexpected end of file” error when trying to connect.

Even if you’re done working with the Leapster GS, just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your work and hope that it gets added to the main Retroleap image or something.

Last edited by Cralex, Mar 29, 2020 at 6:44 AM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - LeapsterGS, Leapfrog, handheld