Hacking How to get Homepass working?

Bobby D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to set up my own streetpass about 2 years ago using a virtual router. However I cannot seem to get any method to work now. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and have tried PiPass and Spillpass. I have also tried several methods using my laptop. Is there any way(s) that work currently if my N3DSXL is fully updated?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using SpillpassPi with my Raspberry Pi and it works flawlessly. What is it doing exactly? It might be possible that your wifi adapter isn't compatible (unless it worked last time you tried it).

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using multiple 3DS'es to check your method? I know that my 3DS stopped receiving street passes, and after doing some searches, I found that by removing the wifi connection, and adding it again; then turn OFF wifi and then back on a gain. Some how that process kickstarted the 3DS to start receiving street passes again. I have tried the following 3 methods, and they all work as a street pass relays: Spillpass2, Ubuntu running homezone (??), and a Mac.

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure SpillPass-Pi supports RasPi 3, but here are things to check:
Please use attwifi and no password. Password-protected AP worked years ago but no longer the case.
Could any other computers connect to the Homepass and able to get online?
Also check the AP MAC address

Last edited by gualala,

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way SpillPassPi works for me is I just installed it to the SD card, turned it on, and let it load up. All the proper settings should be setup by default. Also note that you have to have an ethernet cable from your router plugged into your pi for it to work right.. at least I did. My 3DS is also always connected to my main router and not the wireless adapter plugged into the pi... not sure if this actually necessary but I thought I would mention it.

Last edited by Ryft,

Bobby D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Spillpass I did flash it to an SD card. When it boots up I just get the rainbow screen on my raspberry pi. I am guessing because I have a Pi 3 that this is the issue. I thought I took password protection off but I can double check. Does anyone have a link for instructions that should still be working in 2016? Whether it is on a raspberry pi, laptop, or router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1