Hacking How to delete Switch update?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.02 and after some time while opening Zelda it prompted me that I had to update the console... Since I was at the begining of the game I just tested the console and this time I didn't even ever tried connecting to any wireless network and it's always on airplane mode.

jsherm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuses are only burnt when an update is run. recovery mode doesn't "run" anything, it just boots a special maintenance mode before booting the full OS.

As Draxzelex says - you just need to be holding down the buttons after you start booting your CFW or OFW, so after you launch it from hekate but before the switch logo appears

Reactions: MikeHawke

xHR

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
fuses are only burnt when an update is run. recovery mode doesn't "run" anything, it just boots a special maintenance mode before booting the full OS.

As Draxzelex says - you just need to be holding down the buttons after you start booting your CFW or OFW, so after you launch it from hekate but before the switch logo appears
Fuses burns after official bootloader detect that they need to be burn, as I know.

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lads, does this still work? I'm on atmosphere on firmware version 6.1.4.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not. I hold down the buttons when? After Hekate starts initializing the cfw, or after initialization is done and the screen goes black before the Nintendo sign pops up?

NFSSHADOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not. I hold down the buttons when? After Hekate starts initializing the cfw, or after initialization is done and the screen goes black before the Nintendo sign pops up?

I've been trying to delete an update for a long while now. I can't boot into nintendo's recovery mode anymore since holding the buttons after starting CFW will just force shutdown the switch due to holding the power button (besides vol + ofc)

xHR

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
You cannot use recovery with autorcm activated.
I was wrong. You can Launch stoch from hekate and hold both vol buttons at the same time right after you choose Stock in hekate (on the Nintendo logo)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been trying to delete an update for a long while now. I can't boot into nintendo's recovery mode anymore since holding the buttons after starting CFW will just force shutdown the switch due to holding the power button (besides vol + ofc)
You can go to recovery only on OFW

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So do I have to turn off autorcm to go into recovery mode? I'm on 6.1 atmosphere. If I turn off and fail to boot into Recovery mode, I guess that means I go to stock firmware, right?

Last edited by MikeHawke,

smaurice2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done the hold volume - and + OFW 6.2.0 right after Nintendo logo to get in recovery, choose the reset without deleted user info and I was able delete the 7.0 download update.
Thanks

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
>_________> Why don't you learn to SEARCH people?!

1. Shut down your Switch
2. Start in recovery mode
3. Select update now
4. Interupt the proces (press X to cancel is in the screen)
5. Restart and profit.

In previous versions it was sufficient to just enter this mode and then leave. You didn't have to start the update process and then cancel. That seems really risky to me.

On firmware version 6.2 OFW it does not work. I have two Switches, "Switch One" using SXOS, and "Switch Two" never modified which I maintain at the same FW version for LAN play, so keeping it from updating is more important to me than online play.

"Switch Two" got the "update is ready" under system update in settings. Going into recovery mode changes it to saying that it's on 6.2 instead, but even with it fully in airplane mode (and not connected by LAN to the internet) it will after a short while change back to saying "update is ready" so I keep it physically powered off when not in use just to be safe, and even then powering it on will result in a prompt telling me that an update is ready to be installed.

"Switch One", on the other hand, never got an alert because of the Stealth mode in SXOS and I never boot that one into OFW.

So, in short, Nintendo seems to have fixed this for at least 6.2 and later.

Last edited by Elliander,

LoveKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_________> Why don't you learn to SEARCH people?!

1. Shut down your Switch
2. Start in recovery mode
3. Select update now
4. Interupt the proces (press X to cancel is in the screen)
5. Restart and profit.
FYI there is no “X to cancel”.
“Update now” is not an option.
If you allow the download to finish after choosing the first option it will update your switch.

so thanks for the burned fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup