Hacking Question How to delete data from failed nsp installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was installing a nsp but the installation failed, and now I have lost like 10gb of space in my sd card. Is there something I can do apart from formating the sd card?

evo-brut3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, delete the ticket, check if you can uninstall it in system menu, restart the console, and if it still doesn't work and you don't see any options to delete it, then connect your sdcard to the computer and use chkdsk to fix bad files. At least it is what I usually do.

Reactions: Neo_

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yes there is!, find out the game ID and remove the files that are relevant to it, or try and reinstall the game - and then uninstall it.

Reactions: Neo_

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any idea how to identify game id if you cant see (and remember) which game it was?

IMG_20191208_141846.jpg

Switch show me only circle animation; SX Tools also does not give me a hint what I should delete.

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot for the hint! Header Infos must have been installed correctly because complete game name was listed. So, it was easy for me to detect, which entry I have to delete!

stultorum

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello im having the same problem, i deleted 2 games to have enought space for nba 2k22 uptade is 40 gb, then i installed the update and it fails and say that error. I deleted the title ''grey'' but the data doesnt recover and its 40 gb!, i tried to find the files on the sd card but didnt! i did check the SD card with chkdsk on the computer and say its fine. What can i do please? thanks!

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello im having the same problem, i deleted 2 games to have enought space for nba 2k22 uptade is 40 gb, then i installed the update and it fails and say that error. I deleted the title ''grey'' but the data doesnt recover and its 40 gb!, i tried to find the files on the sd card but didnt! i did check the SD card with chkdsk on the computer and say its fine. What can i do please? thanks!
On your sd card navigate to sd/nintendo/titles/0100B94014F8E000 and delete the 0100B94014F8E000 folder.

stultorum

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
On your sd card navigate to sd/nintendo/titles/0100B94014F8E000 and delete the 0100B94014F8E000 folder.
hello, on my SD, i find sd/nintendo/ and here i have registered folder that is 186 gb and placehld folder that is 38 gb, i dont have titles folder, and i search for 0100B94014F8E000 but it dont find this file on the SD card, on this two folders that i have there are a lot of folders, problably this are the games, but i dont understand the folder of ''placehld'' it says 38 gb and it also have a lot of folders inside but they seems empy but it holds like 38gb maybe that folder are the files that i have to deletee? but inside of ''placehld'' there are dates of the files and there are many diferent days so this is confusing. what can i do? thanks!!

stultorum

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i solved the problem, if anyone need to know, i find that "placehld" folder contains temporarily files and then moved to registered folder when download or installation is complete, no any ID title is on that folder, so all are probably missed installations, i deleted all the folders inside placehld, and i recovered 40 gb, and everything is still working fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1