How to create a wii or gamecube game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gamelord, Mar 18, 2017.

1. gamelord
    OP

gamelord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    Ok so my question is, how would I burn a disc so that the program could run on Gamecube or Wii?

I want to create my own game maker game, and make it so when I burn it to a disc and put it in my wii the game will run like a wii game.

My other question is, I want to mod the music of Double Dash, so how do I take a gamecube disc into my computer and change the sound files (and also I want to mod the karts of a couple characters, also as well as the physics code.)
    With Project M, I think they needed a mod chip on their Wii, but for me, I want it to be just the game disc and legit. I do not want to do anything illegal like burn downloaded games, only to customize the games I already have.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Gamecube needs a modchip, and Wii needs to be the first one who supported neogama to launch backup game from dvds, or hace a chip on it, assumming you can create a game, and then port it with whatever magic reason you find, then you will need an old wii that can read backups, or a modchip.

To burn it you can simply use IMGBURN with the lowest speed available.

3. gamelord
    OP

gamelord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    Thing of it is, you don't need a modchip to run regular wii or gamecube games, so how do I burn it so it treats it the same as a regular wii or gamecube game?

4. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    cant be done, and using that logic would be the same as asking, how do i burn an xbox game in without flashing the drive in order to the xbox be able to read it., imagine the kind of piracy with this.
    The only console that can do this is the Dreamcast.

5. gamelord
    OP

gamelord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    It has to be able to be done, the developers can do it.

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Developer consoles are different than retail consoles. Broadly speaking, on older dev consoles, they used to burn disks or had optical drive emulators in hardware that connected to the workstation and the console. On newer consoles they often don't have the ability to run retail software at all, and can only run things encrypted or signed for development kits only (there are sometimes ways to convert retail stuff for devkits, but not always).

It's not so cut and dry.

7. gamelord
    OP

gamelord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    Well how do I encrypt it so that it runs?

8. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Can you please stop, this cant be done normally.

Or you do a game, and convert it to an iso, and burn it to a DVD and run it using neogama, or use it on a pendrive running a usbloader.

Or you can talk to Nintendo to support it and publish it to the wii.

9. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    you're making this too hard for yourself. just get a USB or something and put the iso there

you'd be looking into spending tons of money for a devkit that can do that

10. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Even if it's encrypted it's not going to work.

1:1 copies don't work.

Check out BCA.

daxtsu likes this.
  11. gamelord
    OP

gamelord Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    BCA?

Also, I don't think Nintendo publishes to the Wii anymore.

12. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Exactly.

KiiWii likes this.
  13. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    • If you want to mod an already existing game then use riivolution. We used to rely on trucha sign bug to replace files in the game's filesystem with other files of the same or equal size. riivolution gets past the limitations of this bug (the bug is patched anyway).
    • If you want to code your own game then its best to rely on homebrew and homebrew dev tools. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_development has some useful documentation.
    • If you want to get the authentic wii/gc dev experience then you are most probably out of luck. You need expensive devkits, all sort of special hardware peripherals and special software. Also, many of the stuff you will need are extremely hard to find.
    edit:
    I forgot to add that you can't just burn a disk and expect it to load. GC/Wii discs have secure bits all around the disk that they are specified by a special sector on the disk (which you can't really read/write using common hardware). Even if you could read/write from/to that special sector you don't know how to specify such secure bits.
    Your best bet is using homebrew and homebrew dev tools.

Last edited by NicEXE, Mar 18, 2017
  14. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Get it published by Nintendo. That's the only way to get signed retail discs. You can still get Wii titles published. There is a 2017 Let's Dance

Last edited by GreyWolf, Mar 18, 2017
    GerbilSoft likes this.