How to clean the 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by L-Lawliet, Mar 28, 2011.

1. L-Lawliet
    OP

L-Lawliet GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2009
    London
    What's the best way to clean the 3DS? I took mine to school today to show a couple of people, but as expected, suddenly everyone wanted a go. It was no longer my DS, it was public property. Needless to say, it has more fingerprints on it than a crime scene. What's the best way to get these off?

2. spiritofcat

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    I would assume a microfibre cloth would be the way to go, same as you'd use for glasses or an HDTV.

3. Kuschel-Drow

Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Duisburg
    I've had this strange issue with dust on my screen yesterday. There was NO WAY to get it off than a slightly wet microfibre cloth so, I think there's nothing you could do wrong with it. [​IMG]

Beeen using the one from my TV too.

4. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Washing machine.

But seriously, a microfibre cleaning cloth will work wonders. I have one with an angel wing design on which has cleaned my DS Lite, PSP and now my 3DS over the years. A truly incredible piece of kit. I have a little brush to clean gunk out from under analogue sticks and between hinges as well.

5. boombox

boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    the World Wide Web
    Ooo, letting grimey handed school kids at it?! :-O..bad idea! haha.
    A lint free cloth is the best bet, you can get them in Nintendo accessory packs or screen cover packs [​IMG]