How to check downgrade success?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YourHero, Jun 27, 2016.

1. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    So I used the plai guide and almost cried cuz I thought it failed to downgrade. So it got the power off screen, but removing the SD card allowed it to boot and it shows 9.2.0-20U. Is there a way to verify downgrade? I googled and found more guides for downgrade but nothing about verifying files.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Use this:

https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

Seriel likes this.
  3. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Thank you kindly.

4. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本

Anytime~

5. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    um FYI that WAS a partial downgrade and you should run Plaisysupdater again. From menuhax.

6. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    And how did you work that out?
    If you need to take the SD out to boot it could be menuhax acting up.

7. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I did that and it ran another file and that made the GW menu work, but now the N3ds says my GW card fails 3 tests and it works perfectly fine on my old 3ds.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So it wont launch my GW and now every time I try to run plaisysupdater it fails and gives me the error has occurred screen.

Seriel likes this.
  8. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    What exactly are you trying to do with plaisysupdater and what is the error you are getting? I may or may not be able to set you on the right direction, with the GW needlessly complicating issues

He was downgrading, got the black error screen, then couldnt reboot. Thats pretty much textbook partial downgrade. and the downgrade would have removed menuhax anyways?

9. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I could reboot after deleting the ext data for themes, which I read is a common issue. Thing is, plaisysupdater is now returning my downgrade is complete so what do I do? I got it working but it doesn't downgrade anything. Gateway cannot be read properly in the N3DS as well.

10. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I dont even know why you are using the downgrader. sounds like you are downgraded already. maybe explain the problem clearer?

11. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I'm not sure how to say "gateway won't boot, it fails to read the card" any different. I get into the launcher for gateway and it says the card is bad. Yet it works properly in my other 3DS. I get to the launcher, it won't start. I run diagnostic, it says fails on 3/4 tests. It works perfectly in my old 3DS that was originally on 9.2 never updated.

So is this a bad downgrade? Or is there more to using my GW on a N3DS?

I have more about it in another thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/unable-to-launch-gw.432439/page-2 It has pictures too.

12. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    That wasnt my issue, my issue was how you came to the conclusion that it needed a downgrade. like if I said 'My TV isnt working and replacing the light bulb in my fridge isnt helping!'

Sounds like you need gateway specific help though, so good luck. My knowledge and experience mainly relies around a9lh installs.