Hacking How to block update on ofw?

Psygnosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I can't find an answer for my question.
I'm on 7.50 and I don't want to update due to the possible exploit.
So I disable auto update for app and system.
Just to be sure I've also disabled WiFi.

Some days ago I started to play rise of the tomb raider. The original version is really shitty with the input lag. I want to update just the game.

Do you think it's safe to turn on WiFi too update the game?
Is there any dns that block statemi updates?

My fears is that as I read somewhere Sony can update silent also if you have deny auto update. And the other thing is that for the first time while I was playing, from time to time I have a strange notification that said that the system? cannot be updated. Why?

Thank you so much any help is appreciated

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn using a proxy to block urls worked, but I've been told that there's no way to block just system updates while allowing for game updates. it's been too long since I've tried updating a game manually. it might work, but then again you might download a system update (probably will if you enable wifi again). I'm not certain if you can just delete it once it's fully downloaded, or you may have to format the system. a person I mentioned that deleting a system update thing to couldn't recall if the update had fully downloaded or not, but he was able to delete it in notifications. it's risky without knowing for certain.

Reactions: Psygnosis

Psygnosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I could've sworn using a proxy to block urls worked, but I've been told that there's no way to block just system updates while allowing for game updates. it's been too long since I've tried updating a game manually. it might work, but then again you might download a system update (probably will if you enable wifi again). I'm not certain if you can just delete it once it's fully downloaded, or you may have to format the system. a person I mentioned that deleting a system update thing to couldn't recall if the update had fully downloaded or not, but he was able to delete it in notifications. it's risky without knowing for certain.

So the console can auto system update also if I've disable it from the settings?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about auto update, but it will still download the system update. it's a bug that's never been fixed. if it's completely downloaded, it may not let you install any other update.

Psygnosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know about auto update, but it will still download the system update. it's a bug that's never been fixed. if it's completely downloaded, it may not let you install any other update.
So it's better that I just continue to play this version on Tomb Raider and be sure that my system stay at 7.50 right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5