How to approach a racing sim?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Aug 8, 2009.

Aug 8, 2009
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I love playing racing games on my DS (heck, I love racing games in general), and though I can appreciate the quality of something like GRID, I just haven't been able to stick with it. I've had a lot more fun with MKDS and Asphault 2, since they're straight-on arcade racers. But I want to be able to enjoy the more realistic racing, if only I could hone a few standard techniques that work for those types of games. When do you break? When do you go for top speed? You never really have to think of those things in an arcade racer; you come upon a curve, hit the break button and acceleration at the same time to do a powerslide, and keep on truckin'. That, of course, doesn't work in GRID. So, what does work?

2. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Brake, steer?

I guess it tries to mimic real driving, so maybe you should try doing things you'd do while driving an actual car.

3. Raichy

Newcomer Raichy Advanced Member

Czech Republic
    You mean like smoking weed and drinking beer?

4. MAD_BOY

Member MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Netherlands
    I hope you fold yourself around a tree.

Anyway, it all depends on the corner you take really. Try playing 1 track over and over again until you can get the hang of it. I recommend practising on either Spa Francochamps or Monza. Not sure if those are unlocked at the start of the game though.