How stable is GC-compatibility on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by siliconmessiah, Dec 15, 2012.

Dec 15, 2012
  1. siliconmessiah
    OP

Member siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was thinking about digging out my old GC-games and add them to my USB HDD. But there is one thing I want to know before I start. I have decided to go with DIOS MIOS as it seems more active and popular around here.

Now and then I run into people saying that their games are crashing and problems here and there.

Will I be able to play Wind Waker, Metal Gear and the Resident Evil games from USB without any problems with DIOS MIOS?

2. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
  3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The thing with the internet is that you can stumble into remarks that were made a long time (and some revisions of the code) ago.

Dios Mios is pretty stable, lately. And if I'm not mistaken, even games on multiple discs work fine now (someone please confirm or deny).

4. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    Dios Mios is as stable as its going to get. Pretty much every game works with a few still not working(007 Everything or Nothing for ex, why do you refuse to work?!) but all of the "AAA" titles work. Of course it doesn't support audio streaming but if you have the original disc you can use Devolution which supports audio streaming and plays those problematic games that Dios Mios won't.

All in all if you want to play your gamecube games from a HD then go ahead. There's absolutely no reason not to now.