Hacking How stable is 4.55 rest mode vs 4.05?

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I'm on 4.05, everything works nicely, the annoying part is to resend HEN every time.

To solve this I put my ps4 on rest mode when I can, but it's quite sketchy: the system does restart and it looks like it still has HEN, but after 2 or 3 times I reuse the same HEN (meaning, I entered rest mode and resumed already a couple of times with no problems playing fake pkgs) the ps4 loads the pkg I launch but then freezes on the opening screen.
The games seem to have loeaded BEHIND the game launch screen (I can hear the sound of the cursor changing on the game main menu and the music from the game main menu, but I can only see the game launch screen). So I have to unplug the ps4 to reset it, and then resend HEN.

My question is this: is this situation solved in 4.55?
Is the 4.55 rest mode solid and reliable or is it as sketchy as 4.05?
How many times are you able to use the same HEN entering rest mode before the ps4 crashes?

Last edited by bobovieri,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy grail is far better for rest mode than vtx hen on 4.55 according to reports, and in combination with userland v1 (not qwertys rewrite) presents less intrusive memory errors eventually.

I personally never use rest mode, it takes 2 seconds to reload whatever payload you need.

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Holy grail is far better for rest mode than vtx hen on 4.55 according to reports, and in combination with userland v1 (not qwertys rewrite) presents less intrusive memory errors eventually.

I personally never use rest mode, it takes 2 seconds to reload whatever payload you need.

KiiWii I agree it takes 2 seconds, but it's not very elegant hackwise to have to repeat the procedure. And going to settings to see that ugly interface makes me sad.
Plus I have a huge house and walking from my PC to send the payload to the room with the PS4 is a walk :-)
Rest mode is the only way around it so far, so I was hoping that in 4.55 is stable.

Reactions: KiiWii

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KiiWii I agree it takes 2 seconds, but it's not very elegant hackwise to have to repeat the procedure. And going to settings to see that ugly interface makes me sad.
Plus I have a huge house and walking from my PC to send the payload to the room with the PS4 is a walk :-)
Rest mode is the only way around it so far, so I was hoping that in 4.55 is stable.
huge mansion? no problem, just get a hoverboard!

Reactions: JagXK8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on