Alf55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I basically copied the saves folder on the Nintendo folder but now when I try to restore it with Checkpoint files don't show up. I know I should have backup the progress with checkpoint and not just copy the saves folder, but there must be a way to restore the original save file.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, there is no way to extract/inject save files just from the Nintendo folder.
The only ways I know of are

1) extract the save in a nand backup, then inject the save (dont know that process but heard people do it before)

2) dump/extract your save with either checkpoint or jksv

So unless you have a nand backup with the saves you want. Your SOL to my knowledge

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In order to restore saves on any other console or the same one (if wiped), you have to decrypt those with checkpoint or any other save manager before. the question is, did you do anything with the console and its profiles after backing up the saves in the nintendo folder? i dont exactly know if there is a difference between the progress of savegame encryption on the switch and the 3ds, but if you still have all the profiles from the saves AND the system not being restored or extremely modified, theres a chance you didnt lose them. you could check on any game if its reading the savegame. i think checkpoint only shows savegames if they are readable from the profile, thats why you can change the profile to manage saves from different ones.

otherwise if you restored the system but have a nand backup with all the profiles you want the savegames from, it could be possible to restore the nand backup and copy the nintendo folder saves back in place to let them being backed up properly with checkpoint

Last edited by JackTheFroster,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I basically copied the saves folder on the Nintendo folder but now when I try to restore it with Checkpoint files don't show up. I know I should have backup the progress with checkpoint and not just copy the saves folder, but there must be a way to restore the original save file.
Saves aren't stored in the Nintendo folder; saves are stored in the internal memory of the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021