How often do you cook?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by GundamXXX, Jan 18, 2011.

?

How often do you cook each week?

1. Once a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2-3 times a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4-5 times a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 6-7 times a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Does frozen pizza count?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. What about microwave food?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. My mom cooks for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 18, 2011

How often do you cook? by GundamXXX at 8:49 PM (3,021 Views / 0 Likes) 47 replies

1. GundamXXX
    OP

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia
    I cook basicly 7 our of 7 and once a month orso I have take away.
    Occasionally when Im home really late from work I might go to the nightshop to get a frozen pizza but I try not too cuz its REALLY unhealthy and pretty damn shit

I stay away from fastfood aswell, except for Subway... I loooooove Subway

My favourite kind of meat has to be either chicken or mince. You can do so much with the both of them
    I know what youre going to say "Mince is shit etc etc" but its really nice to experiment with

My favourite kitchen is a toss up between asian and indian and aussie (Yes... a barbie(Q) is a kitchen in its own respect). I like both alot but I think I have to go for Indian since the asian kitchen has allot of seafood and I dont like seafood

My favourite dish is a nice indian curry or indian curry meatballs, made with some tandoori paste and vindaloo paste. Seriously good shit

Also ofcourse I love a good barbie(Q)

Well... food... We all have it several times a day so lets discuss. Post your best recipes and that kind of stuff

EDIT: When a mod looks over it, this was suppose to be in General Off-Topic rather then Books and Movies so if you could move it Id be much obliged

2. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i cook daily. since pork(the most consumed animal in the world) wasn't a choice i went with chicken. it's just very versatile

3. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    [​IMG]

I forgot pork! The shame T_T

I hardly cook with pork in Europe because its pretty bad quality (same goes for beef)

Added pork xD

4. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I cook almost every day. I'm a great cook. I'm american but I've made my take on chinese food befor. Want to try making an indian dish here soon. I can make pasta dishes so I guess I can do itialian. I make awesome pizza, its deep dish chicago style, once in a great while it will be a thin pizza. I can make calzones Stromboli. I love to grill burgers and hot dogs, chicken. I make an awesome tasting spam with mac and cheese ( lol ya spam, but its damn good)

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    i spent 1 year eating things that i havnt cooked perosnally, so just out basically

it was the most unhealthy thing in the world; but for some reason on one of those few possessed ppl that happens to eat everything but never get fat

this year of uni though, ive taken on cooking myself, for at least 3 days of the week

im pretty pro with my noodles, i can cook that with something big like some chicken (yes i i consider that "big") or i can make myself a premium sandwich. Once or twice i attempted something harder than usual, like a full on meal, such as steak, steamed veg, and mash and such. Didn't go so well, only the meat was good to go [​IMG]

any tips where i can learn, these books dnt help :/

6. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Whenever that woman who lives in my house won't do it.

7. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States

Well if you have any cooking channels on your tv you might learn some tips. I like to watch the foodnetwork and the cooking channel here. I have made some things I have seen on there and they are good, but then again I'm a great cook so making something I see on tv is not hard at all.

You could always go take classes to be a cook at a school [​IMG]

8. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    pt taken, but they are all in Arabic, not so good with that

in fact there is a so called free elective in cooking at my uni, dnt feel like paying to learn though.

I'm guessing in time i'll just get good.

9. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    The way I learned was packetmixes. You know those little packets that you add to the pot and chuck some water with?
    Try those and learn to properly cook with those

When youve got that down (should only take about 5-8 meals max of trying before succeeding) buy LOADS of spices. It doesnt matter wether you dont know em or think you dont like em. I have I think about 25 different jars and bags of spices and herbs and Im still expanding. My mother in law has about 60+ different kinds.

Then when you make another packet mix add something to it from your spice collection. Abit of Pili Pilil or Sweet Roasted Capsicim.

When you want to do a proper full on meal start with chicken and rice and steamed vegetables. Its the easiest thing to make.
    You should have some Chicken Spices, if not go buy some.
    Get a nice chicken breast, about 200 grams should do. Butterfly it Link and season every side very good and gently rub it in. Dont worry about getting your finger dirty lol

Grab 1 cup of rice and chuck it in a pan throw 2 equal cups of water in there and put in on too boil
    OPTIONAL: if you have turmeric throw that in there for "yellow rice"

Put it on too boil and put your veggies in a steamer on top of it.

Keep checking the veggies and when theyre squishy theyre done. You can make em crispy by taking em off earlier but thats something youll need some experience with to know when this is. Keep stirring the rice so you dont get burnt rice

Youll notice alot of the water dissapearing. When this happens chuck on the frying pan for the chicken. Pop some oil/butter in there and let it heat up. When its hot put the chicken in. Let it sear abit.

Your rice should be done pretty soon now. You should be able to see 'holes' in it. Take out a few grains and taste. If theyre still hard its not done yet so leave it. If its done take it off the fire and let it rest.

Back to the chicken. Turn around the chicken and let it simmer abit. Put the fire on half strength

Few minutes after that youre done.
    Should take about 15-20 max inc cutting etc

10. Waflix

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    Mama cooks for me!

11. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    You never have to cook? [​IMG]

12. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you need a more option i already voted 6-7 but i cook atleast once a day often more

13. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    4-5 times a month, sometimes more.
    Favorite out of those is Beef (medium-rare) but I'm partial to a bit of game every so often.

14. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    See it as days in the week ;p

15. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Well, every meal I make is either made in the microwave, toaster or a sandwich.
    I do cook frozen food on occasion but most of the time it's just quicker to make a sammich!
    4-5 times if you count sammich! If you don't then I don't eat [​IMG]

16. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I'm a vegetarian that cooks maybe...4-5 times per week.

Usually small things like a bowl of rice with a bit of butter, or an overly-peppery sammich.

I also make egg pitas for breakfast if the kitchen isn't bein used.

I wouldn't call it cooking, but bread dipped in olive oil = nomnomnom!!!!

17. r3gR3t

Member r3gR3t GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I usually cook on sunadays so once a week, I guess.
    I prefer cooking pasta, I find it very easy, and I can add a lot of spices (I love spicy food [​IMG])
    But if had to choose a favorite kind of food from the avobe list... Definetly beef, I really like chicken too, it's really good when spiced [​IMG]
    But I HATE Pork [​IMG]
    And i'm allergic to seafood (not fish tough, but I don't consider fish as seafood [​IMG])

18. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    Try roasting the bread with olive oil and some roasted eggplant... i dont like eggplant but thats jsut epic!

19. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Ew. Eggplant is nasty.

Also heavy in oxalate, and I have kidney stone problems [​IMG]

20. GundamXXX
    OP

Australia
    courgette is doable aswell.. you do courgette?

courgette = zucchini ;P