How much unplayed games do you have?

How much unplayed games do you have?

• None. I only buy games when I've got the time to play them

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • A couple. I'll hold off buying new stuff until I'm done with them

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Up to a dozen. There were some packs on promotion and I just couldn't let them pass

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Between 12 and 40. I've been collecting games to have something to choose from.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Over 40. I'm just collecting a huge-ass backlog because that's who I am.

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...like the title says, really. I sometimes hear people talking about their backlog, or games that they've bought but haven't gotten around to play it yet. Until recently, I had a few of those as well (I can't help looking through gaming bins at my local game store).

But perhaps it's me, but it looks like the whole industry is practically throwing their games away. Steam has sales every so often, there's the humble bundles, PS+ gets you great games and even nintendo had a couple of sweet '30 cents' deals.

As such, I now suffer from the horrible first world problem of having bought too much games (OH NOES!!!). But I'm kind of curious to hear who else has this "issue".

Hence this poll. So...how much unplayed games do you have? :)

For clarity's sake: let's not count the free games (either piracy or being given with things like your graphics card). Just the ones you actually bought with either money or whatever credit/points/whatever were acceptable. And 'unplayed' means exactly that: you haven't even installed it yet.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have around 150 games on steam in my backlog. And maybe around 20+ games for consoles (that I've played mind you, just not completed due to things coming in the way and me not picking it up again afterwards).

I am going to finish my console backlogs though, they're all awesome games and I enjoy playing them. On steam however, there are many games from humble bundles that kinda suck... so I will give up on those obviously :)

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Only a couple on Steam, since I can hardly get any money in my PayPal.
I believe it's just these:
Borderlands 1
Castle Crashers
Jet Set Radio
and Bastion
I've played all my console games to death, 'cuz they are so expensive and I gotta get all I can from them.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Listing only games I still own (not the one I sold/rented/played at friends/family)
not counting humble bundles I bought without even downloading them.

uncompleted : 48
unplayed : 20

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OP should have this link maybe, it's very handy to let Steam calculate how much you've spent and how much you've not played.

http://steamdb.info/calculator/?player=satangel&currency=de

Humble Bundles truly fuck my ratio up, about 60% of my games I haven't played. Almost all indie titles I dare say, although LoL just eats everything up in gaming time. I exclusively play LoL, and been doing that for the past 6 months or so.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
2 or so games on Steam from the last sale.
Mostly due to lack of time.

I don't usually buy any games if I don't expect to be able to play them.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
At least 100. I've almost completely missed out on last gen. I really need to play some 360 exclusives, and also, my PS2 needs a bit more attention this summer.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT: @Weavile001: sorry...I think you misunderstand. This isn't a poll about finishing the games you have, but about the ones you actually haven't started yet. I think a poll on how many unfinished games you have could be interesting as well, but it'll have to wait for another time.
if thats so, i have A lot of pc games that i have, but never played, like marvel heroes and saints row the third.
i still want to play them but the other games are so much fun :/
i guess the second option then.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow...pretty varied results. I thought of adding a 'over 100' poll option, but I honestly didn't think anyone would have that many paid-for-but-still-unplayed games (again: not counting piracy here). Are there really that many cheap deals out there, or are bundle packages just larger than I expected? :unsure:

OP should have this link maybe, it's very handy to let Steam calculate how much you've spent and how much you've not played.

http://steamdb.info/calculator/?player=satangel&currency=de

Humble Bundles truly fuck my ratio up, about 60% of my games I haven't played. Almost all indie titles I dare say, although LoL just eats everything up in gaming time. I exclusively play LoL, and been doing that for the past 6 months or so.
At first, this looked interesting, but it showed I had 5 unplayed games. As it turns out, they're ranking "this game is free to try until this date" in your unplayed list, so the results are kind of skewed. That, and that it cannot count anything outside steam makes it pretty much useless except those who just buy games on steam. :unsure:

EDIT: @Weavile001: sorry...I think you misunderstand. This isn't a poll about finishing the games you have, but about the ones you actually haven't started yet. I think a poll on how many unfinished games you have could be interesting as well, but it'll have to wait for another time.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeebus too many to count This damn thing called Real Life seems to interfere with my gaming needs.....Seems im just amassing a huge collection to put into Preservation for following Generations.....

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Humble Bundles and Steam Sales, I am drowning in a sea of titles I intend to play but likely will never get around to.

It is my gift, it is my curse.

Reactions: macmanhigh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...