How many years can a normal Vita survive ? (Physically!)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Radwan126, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Radwan126
    OP

Radwan126 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Don't worry i am not asking about how Sony killed the Vita and these stupid stuff !
    ---------------​
    about a month ago i got my first Vita , i really love it , but of course everything has to end somehow .
    a couple of years ago (about 2 or 3 years) i bought a used PSP-1000 , it lasted quite long , but it became a lot weaker by time , the buttons started to get stiff , the triggers were done for , and the buttons at the bottom were so hard to press too. a year after, it died ... just like that , it didn't turn on or anything (i think it was because of the permanent CFW it was on)
    ---------
    So i am wondering , my Vita's condition is excellent right now , but let's not forget that it's used.
    of course everyone knows the game Freedom Wars right ? do you guys remember when you want to bind a monster you have to press the O button repeatedly to bind it ? even when you want to slice it's parts , it's the same.
    that's why i am worried , especially about that poor O button ... i wish Sony made something that makes us able to connect PS3/4 controllers with the Vita like the PSP .
    ----------
    Any advices to prevent that ?
    Thanks !

2. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Depends on how you take care of it. I have a Sega Genesis Model 3 in near new condition, and it runs fantastic! Though the buttons started getting mushy in the controller, but all I did to fix it was dug around for junk tech and replaced the membrane switches in the controller. Though you can't really replace stuff inside a portable game console. :P I know people who would get some kind of electronic and it would only survive two years tops, where if I had it, it would last 5 to 10+.

3. TheLittlestBowl

TheLittlestBowl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2013
    Canada
    I got my 2000 at launch and my sticks are going a little weird. When I let go of the left stick while holding down it will register being pressed up for a bit. On my right stick moving it left or right makes it jump up/down before it goes right/left. It's never been dropped, it doesn't even leave the house and I keep it in my nightstand when not in use so this is all from normal use. A friend's 2000 bought on launch is much worse as his right stick is constantly registering down-right.

Edit: My buttons are fine and I've played a good amount of Freedom Wars.

Radwan126 likes this.
  4. Radwan126
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Thats what i wanted to know , so freedom wars is okay right ?
    Thanks a lot , hope the sticks get fixed soon !

5. MhaiderR

MhaiderR Banned

Banned
    Aug 28, 2015
    3ds can survive better then psvita!

6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    My Vita 1000 is still going strong after so many years of use, and I've clocked a lot of hours in Freedom Wars too :3

Radwan126 likes this.
  7. Radwan126
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    Aha ok
    Well i guess i am not gonna worry about such things xD thank you !

8. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    about 5 minutes according to xmaxkatsu

Radwan126 likes this.
  9. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    it can survive up to years if you accept changing batteries now and then, and cleaning it. but if you're agressive when losing a game, then it will only live a few seconds.

TheKawaiiDesu and Radwan126 like this.
  10. Radwan126
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Saudi Arabia
    OMG....
    just what happened ?
    i heard he bought it used right ? man that looks so baaad xDD

11. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    yah he bought it for the guts.

12. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I've had mine since basically launch, and it's still mint. Granted, I'm an adult that looks after stuff

Radwan126 and mech like this.
  13. ac3ds

ac3ds PlayStation Addict

Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    A box
    I have had mine since a month after launch. No scratches or anything but the R Button creeks.

14. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    thats an easy fix, theres a hole near the trigger and you can slip a small screwdriver in and adjust it :P

15. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I've been though 2 PS-Vita 1000's in the past.

My first unit, the 3G module died and it had massive repercussions on other components apparently. Rang Sony Australia, a courier came and picked it up and within a week I received a brand new (not refurbished) Vita.

On my second one now and it only gets used for eCFW these days. It's in mint condition, on 3.18 firmware, hardly used and 64 gig memory card. Screen protectors, wrap around case. Ahh the good life.

Last edited by Jao Chu, Oct 31, 2015 - Reason: spelling
  16. jDSX

jDSX A real grill

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    My 1000 launch model is still going strong. I got a 2000 (slim) which happen to have malfunctioning screen but I fixed it all working fine.

17. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Don't be so rough with your handhelds. Even my NGB and SGG still work fine. As long as you take decent care of your handhelds, they'll at least last until you decide to retire them for a new handheld. I still use my micro for GBA games and I haven't had a single problem with it, after I fixed it up (I got it used and it was in rough shape).

mech likes this.
  18. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    not everyone is brought up to respect their or others belongings, shame really lol.

TecXero likes this.
  19. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    Nintendo for sure has better build quality than Sony.
    I feel like they spend extra time making sure kids won't destroy them even if they're a kinda rough.

20. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    My oldest brother's Atari 2600 still works to this day and he got it when it was first released. You take good care of your hardware, replace the battery as need be, and it can last for a very long time.