garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
The first version of atmosphere was announced to be released on june 15th but it was massively late (it turns out that it was never an official date but they didn't correct the person who said it was). Now every time there is a release they pretend it's june 15th.

How quick the trolls here forgot things.

June 15th was picked as originally, no one to know about dongles, jigs, booting up custom code, or any of that stuff, because of the agreement that reswitched made with their exploit findings and nintendo and nvidia, the expiring of their disclosure ended on June 15, then everything was to go public in one big amazing blast (of course by then patches would had been in place, etc)

This report documents Fusée Gelée, a coldboot vulnerability that allows full, unauthenticated arbitrary ... Disclosure public disclosure planned for June 15th, 2018 ....

But due to various leaks early on before that date everyone already knew, and work needed to be sped-up on completion, and everyone keep on pushing and pushing and pushing, but the 'date was set in stone' from day 1, so it stay in the end as 'meme' (joke) and will be forever the (day) things will get released.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Maybe never since Nintendo put in anti-cfm measure ? If cfm cannot create thread, it can't do anything to open nsp.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How quick the trolls here forgot things.

June 15th was picked as originally, no one to know about dongles, jigs, booting up custom code, or any of that stuff, because of the agreement that reswitched made with their exploit findings and nintendo and nvidia, the expiring of their disclosure ended on June 15, then everything was to go public in one big amazing blast (of course by then patches would had been in place, etc)

Right, but that was kate's fusee gelee work. She also said that atmosphere would be released then, without seemingly consulting anyone as to whether it was practical.

They then kept quiet to avoid drama, but ultimately it ended up with drama anyway.

Last edited by smf,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn’t staying up to date and updated without thinking.

Now how long do you think it will be to get 7 fully working with CFW? any estimations?

Or should I try to downgrade? I would have to generate everything because I’ve never backed up I know rookie move.

Thanks!

Wrong answer. Nobody knows. Only develop team know. Please do not ask when. NEVER ask when.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
closest we have is 1-2 weeks stated by scries

This is exactly what he said on twitter.

"It may take a few days to a week or two for me to get non-bring-your-own-keys support working, but it's a work in progress. :)"

There is little consensus on how many days there are in "a few days" & whether 2.5 weeks would count as "a week or two".

But lets say his guess is somewhere between 3 & 14 days, that is a 466% difference. It's clear he's wildly guessing & if so then his upper range could easily be too low.

Wrong answer. Nobody knows. Only develop team know. Please do not ask when. NEVER ask when.

You were so close, even they don't know.

Last edited by smf,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is exactly what he said on twitter.

"It may take a few days to a week or two for me to get non-bring-your-own-keys support working, but it's a work in progress. :)"

There is little consensus on how many days there are in "a few days" & whether 2.5 weeks would count as "a week or two".

But lets say his guess is somewhere between 3 & 14 days, that is a 466% difference. It's clear he's wildly guessing & if so then his upper range could easily be too low.

You were so close, even they don't know.

Given 6.2 and how long that took + the fact of they already have it in a BYOK state, I'ld say that's an accurate time frame

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given 6.2 and how long that took + the fact of they already have it in a BYOK state, I'ld say that's an accurate time frame

Sure, that is an educated guess.

What I find interesting about his guess is that someone obviously has a method of getting the key, because they have the key.

Therefore if he can't release it now, then there is something we don't know.

Has Scires been given the key, but not the code to get the key?

Maybe the method of getting the key is unreliable?

Maybe the method uses an exploit they aren't ready to burn and need to find another way to get the key.

Maybe in solving this SciresM will come up against a roadblock that will blow his estimate.

Last edited by smf,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure, that is an educated guess.

What I find interesting about his guess is that someone obviously has a method of getting the key, because they have the key.

So why not now? What don't we know? Do they only have the key and not the method of getting the key? Or maybe the method of getting the key is unreliable?

The problem with educated guesses is that they assume things will always work out the same way and that rarely happens.

They have alot of stuff which isn't public.

Scires won't publish the key for reasons, the same reasons as the method of getting key if I am to take a wild guess, on the flip side they could be using a way already known to get the keys, except it requires tsec key which again won't get published publicly.

When the non-BYOK version of atmosphere gets pushed then it will generate the key internally using hashes and stuff without the need to have it externally in a text file. (BYOK version)

I'm know I'm trying to get the key myself, but no luck so far, all I know is it is possible to do

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm know I'm trying to get the key myself, but no luck so far, all I know is it is possible to do

Sure its possible. My point is that once your estimate is 3 days to 2 weeks then it shows there can be little confidence in that timescale. Maybe it will be 3 or 4 weeks

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure its possible. My point is that once your estimate is 3 days to 2 weeks then it shows there can be little confidence in that timescale. Maybe it will be 3 or 4 weeks

again Scries has private stuff that won't ever get published because of copyright, he is working around the private stuff he has to make the public version not breach copyright.

6.2 took around a week. I see no reason why his timescale isn't accurate

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
6.2 took around a week. I see no reason why his timescale isn't accurate

But he's quoted 3 days to 2 weeks. So he's already estimating its harder than 6.2. If the same method worked then it would take no days, so there are probably known unknowns and unknown unknowns. I may be cynical after 30 years of professional software development, but developer estimates are rarely accurate. Especially when you consider the range that he has proposed. Ive seen two week projects turn into two month projects when interfacing with code written by someone else who is hostile.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But he's quoted 3 days to 2 weeks. So he's already estimating its harder than 6.2. If the same method worked then it would take no days, so there are probably known unknowns and unknown unknowns. I may be cynical after 30 years of professional software development, but developer estimates are rarely accurate. Especially when you consider the range that he has proposed. Ive seen two week projects turn into two month projects when interfacing with code written by someone else who is hostile.

yes it did change stuff, tsec bypasses smmu now, that's a big change. given the fact they had the keys in a few hours and then not even a week later support if you had the key. I say two week is been generous given all he has, not to mention the fact of that is working around his day job.

I could be wrong, but, all we can do is wait and see

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes it did change stuff, tsec bypasses smmu now, that's a big change. given the fact they had the keys in a few hours and then not even a week later support if you had the key. I say two week is been generous given all he has, not to mention the fact of that is working around his day job.

I could be wrong, but, all we can do is wait and see

Right, estimates are irrelevant. We don't know whether he has padded them, how much time he spends working on it, whether he will be able to maintain that in the next 2 weeks or what technical challenges he will need to overcome.

I'm sure he has a better idea about some of those. Maybe he's already done it and is spending the next two weeks relaxing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...