Hardware How long does Backing up "PS4" take guys !?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i want to swap my 500gb HDD with a 1TB HDD and i dont want to go through the hassle of re-installing(downloaded software and updates) as i dont have speedy internet.

my question is, how much time does backing up take ?

let us say from the 500gb on my ps4 i have like about 250gb free, so i am only using nearly 200gb from it, would it finish within 2 hours..?

i need to know because we have many electricity issues in my area, like it can go off every 2-4 hours etc. 3-6hours and i am really afraid that during the proccess of backing/restoring up my ps4 data at the proccess the Elec. going off , and that scares me that it might fuck up the whole ps4.

and i only bought it some weeks ago, haha would not want to break it already.

would you guys just recommend re-downloading the softwares i have downloaded already..? safer yeah?

my 2 biggest downloads would be the witcher 3 update file.. and Destiny update file.. each like nearly 20gb and that would take me about 2 days to download,

any suggestions !? thanks in advance :)

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Losing power during a backup will at most corrupt the backup and force you to start over. Unless you're performing a system firmware update when the power goes out, you're never going to hurt the PS4 OS by losing power when it is on.

As for your actual question, it's impossible to say without knowing the drive speed of both the drives involved, or how the PS4 packs it up using their backup tool, etc.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Losing power during a backup will at most corrupt the backup and force you to start over. Unless you're performing a system firmware update when the power goes out, you're never going to hurt the PS4 OS by losing power when it is on.

As for your actual question, it's impossible to say without knowing the drive speed of both the drives involved, or how the PS4 packs it up using their backup tool, etc.

thanks mate, so you are saying that backing/restoring from hdd to hdd will not hurt the OS if the power goes off !?
and that it would only be messy when updating in the procedure yea?

( i mean like when updating the firmware after swapping the new hdd in )

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1