How long and how often do you game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by nxwing, Apr 5, 2016.

1. nxwing
    OP

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    As of now, I game all days of the week due to it being summer and I usually spend two hours per day gaming.

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    ever since the release of ironhax for 3DS in August or September of last year, I've actually played less since. despite having pretty much nothing important to do, I'm not usually playing things as much anymore, because it's oddly more entertaining/interesting trying to use haxx. I can go a day or so without really playing anything now.

Voxel and nxwing like this.
  3. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I don't game all that often these days. I'm woring full time and only have about 4 hours a day to relax between shifts before I need to hit the hay. So I generally just veg out in front of Netflix or something. I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Bit Trip Saga on my 3DS every now and then but most of the time I just don't have the energy after a hard day's work.

4. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I recently bought a hacked PS3 and I've been hooked on a looooooooot of big games that I've missed out on in life. :P
    I usually game daily, usually get about 3-5 hours of time to set aside for gaming. My day mostly consists of Vita hacking and game designing, but I get a chance to fit the games in at some point! :sleep:

nxwing and ihaveamac like this.
  5. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    I'd say about 1-4 hours a day. If I have my son and it's the weekend, we'll usually put in a good 4 hour session on Saturday or Sunday, and a 1-2 hour session the other. During the week I'll play an hour or so while he's gone, and another hour with him when he's home. It's really humbling that he's motivated to get his homework and chores done simply for the opportunity to game it up with his dad.

6. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    Today I played Warframe for more than 6 hours straight. My PS4 started overheating.

7. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    It's a strange day if I don't game for at least 1-3 hours.

8. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    I get about an hour a day during the school year, and maybe about two hours a day in the summer

Last edited by rileysrjay, Apr 17, 2016
  9. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I gave every day, but for how long varies. It's usually a couple of hours at least though

10. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Probably around 6-7 hours on weekdays since I work, and 15 on sat/sun thanks to my new MMO addiction Black Desert Online.

11. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    I game every day. How long a day? Who knows, it varies. Sometimes I might be playing the whole day, sometimes it may just be a few hours. Depends on the mood I'm in and the game currently at hand.
    If I'm not gaming, I'm mostly on Youtube or lurking through Temp and Reddit.

12. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    from times to times, when I have the motivation to actually play anything for more than a hour during a day.

Currently hooked in Fire Emblem Fates. played 17 hours in 3 days, including work, sleep and life time, lol.

13. Real_Redwolf

Real_Redwolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    How much do I play video games?

Probably more than what is healthy for a normal human being.
    Then again, I'm not very normal am I?

14. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Strangely, I can't play video games for longer than 30 minutes at a time without just getting completely and totally bored. However, I only play bad games or games that I've already played for 800 hours so that could be the reason :P
    On weekends I play with my friends which is usually a ton of fun compared to singleplayer games. So I don't play much on weekdays anymore.