graphics: 8800GT g15 MB,
monitor: 22" LGW2252TQ,
Case: antec 300 gaming case,
speakers: Logitech X530,
Keyboard: logitech 600 media keyboard,
mouse: MS intellimouse,
DVD Drive: Samsung SH-S203.

All for about £711.20 incl VAT or about ~$1450

I'm going to use this mainly for watching films and gaming. What do you think?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not a computer! THIS is a computer!
30moll0.jpg

n3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
for watching film is good

but for gaming ... depend what type of gaming a oldschool players usually do his computer himself

1: don't take wireless controllers (keyboard or mouse) choose a gaming mouse the more popular are razer but they do too much different models for me .. logitech G9 is the gaming mouse of logitech actually it have a cool thing is the scroll can be free roll (soz I'm don't native english speaker ....) microsoft do gaming mouse but they are create by razer and manufactured by microsoft some other gaming mouse exist but I think logitech G9 and some razer are the most taken now

2: don't take low cost product especially if you are beginner in computer science, doing memtest or other think like this to find defect material can be not easy as it can seem

3: find a good shop where there can give you advice on the product if you're a beginner or read some magazines about that

4: find a guide "how to build my computer on the net" or pay the shop to build your computer

If you wanna play some "professionnal games" like counter strike or other you don't specifficaly need a monster of power but you need -the more low lantency screen you find (CRT is the better but .....)
-gaming mouse with decent DPI (no need of 4000 with a normal screen) and with 1000hz ultrapolling
-normal keyboard is good but no wireless if you plan to play some emulators with your keyboard verify your keyboard has some anti-ghosting capabilitie

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very expensive here, but it isn't a bad setup (great monitor) - the 430w PSU is not enough, methinks. I've gamed on the basic MS mouse, and I haven't noticed a difference since getting a Logitech MX510

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That power supply will not be enough at peak loads.
Nice monitor but I would recommend going up to 24" and getting a Samsung Syncmaster.

Is the HDD a Hitachi/IBM Aka HGST or just Hitachi?

~ Commander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F