How is the banhammer situation nowadays?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Osakasan, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Osakasan
    OP

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    So uh... it's been a while, huh?

Well, yesterday i got a New, pristine, unhacked New 3DS and i was looking to hack it so i could take advantage of the New 3DS mode on old 3DS games and, more than anything, emulation. The thing is, my old 3DS was banned in the first banwave and i was wondering if the things would have finally calmed.

I have no intentions to pirate anything, i just want to use it as my main, legit 3DS and as an emulation machine, so i don't want to be hit by the banhammer again.

What are my chances?

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    The chances to get a ban on a 3ds are very very low. You can play the games online as long as you don't cheat there, you are safe.

3. alemonplays

alemonplays Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Brazil
    Timbó, SC, Brasil
    So... this means I could play offline games without any risk (ex. Zelda Games) and also use online services like Pokemon Trading/Battling and/or play Super Mario Maker Levels as long as I don't use any cheating like Action Replay Codes something like that and with that I'm not getting banned?

4. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Correct

5. Tom-B

Tom-B Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Think about it from Nitendo's point of view. The 3ds is at the end of its life, at this point they probably don't want to dissuade people from buying their existing stock of hardware even if they never purchase a single game.

Legba013 likes this.
  6. Osakasan
    OP

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    To be honest, I've never been sure about that. First of all, Nintendo's main revenue always comes from the games, second, it's strange to make a post like that the same month they win an important lawsuit against piracy in the UK.

By the way, it took me a while but I finally did it. Gotta love how Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion improve drastically. Now, I'll have to take a look at Retroarch and ports of Quake, Doom, etc...

7. Tom-B

Tom-B Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Of course they're shutting down Switch piracy sites, but the 3ds is old news and I doubt they pay much attention to it.