Hacking How good is Adrenaline?

upfromtheskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how good Adrenaline is, does it run everything at full speed with no issues? Should I get rid of my PSP before getting a Vita?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how good Adrenaline is, does it run everything at full speed with no issues? Should I get rid of my PSP before getting a Vita?
Adrenaline is the only way to run psp environment on a vita and there has been hacks to make games run in proper resolution

upfromtheskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adrenaline is the only way to run psp environment on a vita and there has been hacks to make games run in proper resolution
Does it run PSP games just as well as an actual PSP, no crashing or glitches? Is there any reason to keep an original PSP if you have adrenaline, other than the ability to play physical games?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want PSP games without lag, ugly scaling, and also fullscreen... use a PSP
If you want proper support for PSP mode media capabilities... use a PSP (not really the Vita's fault - it was never designed to run the XMB, however an hypothetical "NoPspEmuDrm" plugin that would allow you to have properly integrated bubbles (not Adrenaline forwarders) doesn't exist as of today)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better support for ps1 games on an actual psp since you can use any version of popsloader you want. Also if you have a psp 2000 model or newer and you have a set of psp component cables you can connect your psp to a tv to play psp games on a bigger screen if you want to.

Those are the 2 main things i can think of off the top of my head.

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've noticed the odd bit of incompatibility with some games using Adrenaline. I mostly use my Vita for PSP games with very few issues, but i'm glad i have my PSP around when those issues do arise. I recommend hanging onto your old handheld, even once you get a Vita.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adrenaline has some degree of both elements "interlace and dithering"
"Retropie" (on single board computers like Raspberry PI 3) ............ have trouble emulating both "interlace and dithering" at proper speed.
This makes the Vita Emulation Better. For the games it supports at full speed and that is far from the full PS1 library ......................even on better single board computers same issue of full library performance, so good to own a vita if only for PS1 and some games.

With the Raspberry PI4 and retropie we'll have to see...............its not out yet, even then, since that is affordable, it should be more on par with the Vita, same or better if it supports a screen distortion, crt Bubble with no speed issues. (Vita still isn't dead, some games still being planned on it, some of those are being pulled already, no sell).

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita has real PSP chips in it, Adrenaline just lets you use those chips as if they were in a hacked PSP. There's a small amount of additional input lag (only matters if you're playing rhythm games), but I've had no compatibility issues with POPS or plugins. There's no slowdown (that wouldn't be present on a real PSP, anyway) since real hardware is used to play the games.

H-1-N-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
adrenaline is somewhat better than O.G psp.

For example... tweaking Adrenaline a.k.a psp emu. will not brick your console and also the screen size and many...

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Never do that! unless you want to throw it at me:lol:, ive just hacked my ps vita and the psp games are very blurry! i cant believe my eyes how some of you dont see this!! i can hardly see anything (i played midnight club DUB and i kept crashing and couldnt win a single race! also one game freezed) so hold tightly onto your psp.(dont get rid of something that works well for something uncertain) I will be getting a psp later on, just to play psp games. A question to you: Do the psp iso games on psp play properly at native speed and res? and also how well do ps1 games run?

The only good thing with Adrenaline so far for me, is that it can play the gta vcs with clear res with a special patch thats out and with dual analog (make sure to change camera inside the gta vsc settings to turn off the inverted camera), so thats something you can look forward to, and of course to play ps vita games :).

Last edited by zubz19,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the psp games are very blurry!
Hold the PS/home button, click settings at the very top, click open official settings, and disable the bilinear filter.
Do the psp iso games on psp play properly at native speed and res?
Yes, the vita has real PSP hardware inside it. There's a few frames of latency added though, so rhythm games are unplayable.
how well do ps1 games run?
Basically perfectly, iirc only like 2 games don't work.

Reactions: zubz19

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hold the PS/home button, click settings at the very top, click open official settings, and disable the bilinear filter.

ive tried that (unchecked the tick "Bilinear Filtering") and ive also been tweaking other settings under: "Graphics Filtering", and theres not much difference tbh (unless am missing something?) am sure original psp graphics are way better than this, like i said only gta vcs is clear graphics with that patch, or is there other games also that has special patch?

Last edited by zubz19,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am sure original psp graphics are way better than this
It's not, the Vita is exactly double the PSP's resolution so PSP games will look much more jagged than Vita games. As long as Adrenaline's video filtering is disabled and official bilinear filtering is disabled, it should look exactly the same, but upscaled to twice the resolution.
is there other games also that has special patch?
Nope. In theory it may be possible to make a patch for everything, but that doesn't exist yet.

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not, the Vita is exactly double the PSP's resolution so PSP games will look much more jagged than Vita games. .

i know, ps vita games looks better as it has better graphics compared to psp, but i mean playing psp games on vita(adernaline) compared to psp games on psp. i dont have psp but i did get to play on the psp back in them days and its nothing like the vita Adrenaline, e.g play the gta vcs without the patch and you can hardly stand it, and with the patch its like the original psp graphics.

As long as Adrenaline's video filtering is disabled and official bilinear filtering is disabled, it should look exactly the same, but upscaled to twice the resolution..

wheres the "Adrenalines' video filtering"? i cant find that in the settings. I think the upscaling is what messes the psp graphics on the adrenline, you do have a psp so you can compare the difference

Last edited by zubz19,

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe you can check the result here, the video show the user running a game on Vita and PSP side by side

:O, the psp game looks good and clear, its not blurry like on my vita! i think am missing something:unsure: in the Adrenline, someone help!?

i think it could be an actual psp game downloaded? is there difference between actual psp games downloaded on ps vita vs psp emulated games on psvita?

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:O, the psp game looks good and clear, its not blurry like on my vita! i think am missing something:unsure: in the Adrenline, someone help!?

i think it could be an actual psp game downloaded? is there difference between actual psp games downloaded on ps vita vs psp emulated games on psvita?

some games are compressed to reduce file size.... you might want to try getting another copy of the game you are getting issues with

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
some games are compressed to reduce file size.... you might want to try getting another copy of the game you are getting issues with

Good to see you around:D, you helped me hacking the vita! am currently playing the gta vcs (with patch and dual analog; really cool) and some ps vita games. I wish some of these psp games looked clearer, i could play some of them, but it put me off because of this issue, ill try finding other copies then (just have to find a good place...:unsure:). How well do your psp games work on the Ardenline, graphics wise? do you have some blurry games like how am complaining about?

Last edited by zubz19,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup