Hacking How does the Ocarina code to bypass Wifi bans work?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that they ban Wii using the MAC addresses and since there was this Ocarina code that was recently released to bypass this ban, I'm just wondering how does it work? I know that the code allows users to change the last 2 digits of their MAC address to any other 2 digit combinations to bypass the ban but I want to know why it doesn't work for USB loaders and if I'm banned from one game, does that mean that I'm banned from my other WiFi games? Also, is there a way to permanently change your MAC address?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the ban is game-specific or not, i've never been banned. I'm surprised it doesn't work with loaders.

Changing the mac permanently is likely impossible. The MAC is effectively a serial # given to a network adapter at manufacturing. To change it (on a wii anyway), you'd need to get another adapter (wi-fi module).

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
normally the MAC Is branded into network devices and can never be changed,
but you can modify the MAC value once it's in RAM or modify the function which reads out the MAC directly.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Universal EC20102 bypass - made by mdmwii
F6000001 8001807f
7F83E378 38A00006
D2000004 00000003
3A6000ZZ 9A640005
3A600000 38A00006
60000000 00000000
e0000000 80008000

ZZ = Desired LAST MAC address value (it should be different to real MAC)

Ah yeah apparently it needs Gecko OS 1.9.2 so when thats compiled in it will work fine with USB Loaders.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I strongly advise not to use that code not could it cause having two network devices with the same MAC being online but when you cheat again someone else might get banned because you were using his MAC you might not care but if enough peple do that and people who get banned for no reason will complain, nintendo will come up with some new ban method.

don't cheat online not even for fun .

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
niceguychris said:
Great, more people cheating online - lets ruin online gameing forever.....
It is good. It's fun, too.
And you missed an apostrophe and had an extra "e" in gaming.

And it's only the FTW hackers who suck. 4TL hackers are awesome (Like NinARM1).

Sorry Dad, I promise not to have an opinion ever again and I promise to work on my spelling.....

Edit:, okay I just read that back to myself and realised how it may sound, it supposed to come across as a joke - my apologies...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Arm the Homeless said:
niceguychris said:
Great, more people cheating online - lets ruin online gameing forever.....
It is good. It's fun, too.
And you missed an apostrophe and had an extra "e" in gaming.

And it's only the FTW hackers who suck. 4TL hackers are awesome (Like NinARM1).

Here we go again...since nobody can let this Topic die, and some people always throw out the code, I think we have to live with Online Cheating. But this code is simply bad, since other, innocent people can get banned this way, I think. Whoever uses this one is simply stupid. Summary:
-Cheating Offline - Who cares? I do it, and it can be realy funny (Thinking of RE: Umbrella Chronicles Rocket Launcher+Infinte Ammo). Though, I play the game first without Cheats.
-Cheating Online is simply bad...Real 4TL Hackers would disconnect before the game ends...NinARM1 doesn't -.-. That's just stupid, there's NO differences between him and FTW-Hackers (at least on the Vids I saw...proofe me wrong...).
Overall, I'll slowly abandon Wii Online playing, and moving to XBox Live. Cheat save, b*tches
tongue.gif
. Not to mention that you can kick people out of the game there. The Only Wii game that supports kicking people is MOH:H2...why can't other games have that?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How many people have the same last 2 digits of the Mac address?

I'm just saying, from what I know about IP's, our last 2 digits are always changing after it resets or something, we essentially own the set of last 2 digits and we have regular comcast, so I think it shouldn't affect people.

Maybe last 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: