How do you think about the paid online service?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by MuratTemp, Jan 15, 2017.

1. MuratTemp
    OP

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So there are pretty much 2 fractions about this question.
    How do you think about the service?

2. LinkBlaBla

LinkBlaBla This is Perfect!

Jun 7, 2013
    Canada
    On a space rock floating in space!
    we don't know how much it will cost yet...please wait until Nintendo announce the price and more details.

3. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    We all know that everyone doesn't like it because humans are just greedy. But then we have to consider the fact that Nintendo can't provide free and good servers at the same time.
    And it's optional. So it's not that bad. Maybe the price isn't even that high.

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Is it "greedy" that PC players don't have to pay for online? Not to mention all the other stuff we have to buy. You know, like the games themselves.

Anyway, we already have thread for this.

5. mitcha

mitcha GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2015
    Antigua and Barbuda
    where is the thread ? @KingVamp

edit : thanks

Last edited by mitcha, Jan 15, 2017
  6. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
  7. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    Paid service I can understand. Removing the licence for a free ancient game each month, I cannot, as Microsoft and Sony already give large ammounts of games, no matter how shite they are.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  8. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    It sucks, but it was inevitable.

9. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    There's a chance that I can get by without missing it. I'm assuming it brings easier account mobility which doesn't affect me, and I don't do any online multiplayer (granted that's partially because my home internet is shit). I don't need monthly loans of NES/SNES games as I'm getting a NES Classic and will get the inevitable SNES Classic. I would like game transferability, or being able to buy a game on one console and having it available on all my consoles along with the save - even if the game is not free, I rather not have to rebuy the game at full price.

Of course if the price is something small like $60 a YEAR then I'll be okay with it.

10. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    The "smart device" part is what ticks me off. If it was in addition to the system doing it, like if you're away from your Switch but still want to communicate with your friends through Nintendo services, then that's completely fine, but to shove everything to it and not have any of it on the Switch is just stupid.

11. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
  12. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
  13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they can stick it up their ass i'll just use vwii for snes and others :P

14. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Two options:
    a) It must to be very, very good. As in people with bad connection speeds having ok to good ping, low to no line waiting and a very straightforward integration with the system.
    b) Dirt cheap. Dirt cheap as in less than half of the subscription with Sony.

Sadly, Ninty is new to this. So maybe a is too utopic. B is not even look at by them (that's like selling at a loss).

So yeah.

15. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    seeing as i really barely ever used online in the first place, it doesn't really matter that much to me.

and as long as at least part of the online fee goes into improving their servernetwork, i honestly don't mind at all.

16. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The "free" monthly games are only playable for a month and then if you want to keep them, you have to pay. As for how good the online services will be, well, it's Nintendo so don't have high hopes of XBL/PSN services.