How do you like your text formatted in games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by EZ-Megaman, Aug 13, 2014.

?

How do you like your text formatted in games?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2014.
  1. Left image

60.0%
  2. Middle image

40.0%
  3. Right image

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EZ-Megaman
    OP

EZ-Megaman Likeanator

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi there. I'm currently working on a fan translation and want to hear people's general feedback on how they'd like text formatted in menus. I've provided an image for comparison below.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Also, I'm not sure i this is the best forum to post it in (it probably says more about how people like text formatted in general, but I'm asking about game menus in this particular case) so feel free to move it if you want, mods.

Chary likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Ignoring that I would probably lose most of the bio (or at least the blood type and zodiac stuff) a tough call. 1 is fine, 2 I kind of like but in other ways I do not and 3 is right out for being slightly confusing (though losing the aforementioned stuff would probably bring it back).

What I am more likely to truly notice in that is the lack of a variable width font, however having played a handful of games over the years I have kind of got used to it not being there.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    left looks in order. middle gives unnecessary spacing to the last item and right is a complete mess.
    and like Fast says, the lack of variable width font is noticeable, but not really a problem if you ask me.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The left is much cleaner in its presentation. The right is hideous, and the center is just the left but with unnecessary spacing on the bottom line of text.

Hop2089 and EZ-Megaman like this.