Hardware How do you guys feel about the Switch?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You think I don't know my phone is AMOLED ? Which is way clearer than LCD. A pixel is a pixel you dumb ass. No matter if its a dead AMOLED pixel or a dead LCD pixel , it is fucking unacceptable. Manufacturers have been making LCDs for decades. It was up to nintendo to reject any LCD with a dead pixel , but they didn't , instead they are feeding them to fanboys like you.

Dead pixels are quite common, one of my samsung tv's from 6 years ago has a couple, needed 5 for it to be replaced. You generally don't notice them because resolutions (pixel count) has gotten so high the pixels are so small you don't see it. Most manufacturers don't replace panels unless you have quite a few dead pixels. I believe my samsung note 4 has one dead pixel but I don't notice it unless I do a dead pixel test.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Dead pixels are quite common, one of my samsung tv's from 6 years ago has a couple, needed 5 for it to be replaced. You generally don't notice them because resolutions (pixel count) has gotten so high the pixels are so small you don't see it. Most manufacturers don't replace panels unless you have quite a few dead pixels. I believe my samsung note 4 has one dead pixel but I don't notice it unless I do a dead pixel test.

Falling on deaf ears/blind eyes... The concept of normality is too much for some people.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
LOL to everyone who thinks these fails are fake why don't you look for yourselves?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Non sequitur, your facts are uncoordinated...
Well then, feel free to actually correct me? Hm? Or is that too much?

Still would like actually numbers of failed/failing hardware. Obviously they're not faked. Doesn't mean it's a mass problem. The big point here that people seem to be missing.

Last edited by Kioku,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well then, feel free to actually correct me? Hm? Or is that too much?

Still would like actually numbers of failed/failing hardware. Obviously they're not faked. Doesn't mean it's a mass problem. The big point here that people seem to be missing.

Sorry I don't argue with ignorant people. And I don't think we are talking about the same thing anyway. I agree it's not a problem, I said it's quite common in manufacturing. Where did you misunderstand me? You are the one who said it's a quality control problem and every display with a dead pixel should be rejected. Now you are talking in circles and contradicting yourself.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt these are fake videos. From day 1 we've been hearing about issues. You see tv hosts trying to play that western game and controller disconnects , and the look on the woman's face says it all.

Why would a plastic screen be a wise choice for a handheld? There are millions of phone out there with a gorilla glass and they are all fine. Add to it a decent protective case (i'm a big fan of otterbox) and it's nearly indestructible, at least for normal drops. It should just plainly be made to resist if it's a handheld. Power connector at the bottom ? Stupidest idea out there. I have not seen a switch yet, but from those videos it looks very flimsy. How about the guy who's zelda cart won't get detected , but 1,2 switch works without issues. Dead pixels are normal according to nintendo. There are over 4 millions pixels on my phone (note 5 , 2560 x 1600) and not a single one is dead compared to 921 600 pixels on a switch. I would return the console in a heartbeat even if there was just a single dead pixel on it. Not everyone gets their consoles paid by their mom and dad, people work hard for their money and nintendo ain't giving away anything, you shouldn't either. The way nintendo will handle all those defects will tell how much they care for their customers.

The only reason I would ever get a switch is the same I got a wii u , piracy.

I have to admit though, they hit a home run with Zelda. Finally a zelda that is refreshing, they should of done that ages ago.

My advice to you switch owners , don't put up with nintendo's shit. If anything is not right , pixels , flimsy connectors , just return the damned thing to the retailer you got it from. You should get your money's worth, Nintendo can handle losses, it's their F**k up.

Drop a plastic cup and see what happens.
Drop a glass cup and see what happens.

Plastic screens just hold up better. They been using plastic screen in all there devices. The 3ds doesnt have a glass screen. And the system was design to not have to have a case. Cellphone makers done make a device and say oh they will put on a screen protector and case so we dont gotta do this or this.

And you know power connectors have been at the bottom of handhelds forever. over 90% of cellphones have the connector at the bottom..

And look at the video of the guy tearing a switch apart.
Took him about 3 mins to rip off a joycon with all his force. Its not a flimsy device build pretty strong.

And for games not reading its always hard to say. They could have dirt on the connects. No way to tell if they drew on it with a marker before putting it in.

The joycon desyncing is a known problem. It was the left one and there is an antenna problem, combine that with a all the wireless waves they have on that show and there you go.

And you really cant talk on this matter as you dont own or have used a switch correct?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Punctuation?

And I own 2 Switch consoles.

That was clearly directed at Roamin... The one he actually quoted..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't get these "fake videos" claims myself. They seem quite real. Hard to go and fake something like this.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it, either. I know I said somewhere that some of the issues posted in the past were exaggerated or faked.. but these are all too real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.